Match Thread Everton v Burnley - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually thought the Brownhill foul early on was more dangerous. You are absolutely not allowed to scissor tackle someone from behind as the chances of breaking an ankle are pretty high.

Tarkowski’s was a definitely yellow for me but the player has a chance to jump out the way. The one from behind the player has no chance to prepare for the impact.

Similar to the one on Elliot yesterday. He gets the ball but it’s reckless and we can see from the outcome why.

I actually thought the Brownhill foul early on was more dangerous. You are absolutely not allowed to scissor tackle someone from behind as the chances of breaking an ankle are pretty high.

Tarkowski’s was a definitely yellow for me but the player has a chance to jump out the way. The one from behind the player has no chance to prepare for the impact.

Similar to the one on Elliot yesterday. He gets the ball but it’s reckless and we can see from the outcome why.
It's basically the Elliot tackle but because it doesn't end disastrous it is seen as a basic foul. That's not a new way of doing the rules but I'm not sure it is the right way.

Because we have more available defenders than attackers?
It’s just a bit mad it’s been played in the two games the onus was actually on us to control the ball mate

it didn’t even really work as it should have done defensively as Burnley got plenty of crosses in.

I don’t mind the system but we can’t play it with two CMs and then three attackers who aren’t capable of dictating play. It’s actually a system I think James could drop into really well as a false 9 almost, dropping in to get the ball. That’s how Chelsea play it, albeit with more mobile players

the switch in system worked great because we got a grip in midfield and in turn Doucoure could push on

That’s where it’s not working with this formation. Both fullbacks need to be attacking more or it becomes ineffective.
For that mate you need someone dropping into midfield to get the ball and build through the lines

I actually think that system works if you drop James into it. You’ve got defensive numbers, and someone to dictate the play, and pace up top in Gray/Rich/Dom.

townsend was basically caught in no man’s land in the first half. He was excellent once the system change

Status
Not open for further replies.