Match Thread Everton v Burnley - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Still much to improve on. We were dire for the first 60 minutes tonight. However, very impressive that we not only came back to win, but we seized on the momentum shift and put them to the sword.

Townsend and gray looking like good signings. They remind me of the workhorse type players that fergie used to put in the utd teams of old. The ones who carry the "flair" players and do all the leg work. I think that's what we've missed for the last few years.

They're far from "workhorse" players mate.

Watching the Burnley goal again, my God Ben Godfrey was so bad for it, like a bull in a China shop running out to close down the winger leaving Mina and Keane to mark 4 big lumps.
But surely the wingback should have the wingers? If they don't, then someone has to close it down.

Doucoure MOTM for me, he was a huge presence out there. I thought Richarlison worked very hard as well, as for him being annoyed when he was subbed, I would be more concerned if he looked happy to be taken off.

Good 3 points, I hope Benitez has learned from tonight, we just haven’t got the quality to play 3 centre backs, our midfield 2 get over run because we haven’t got a centre back who is comfortable with stepping up into the midfield as soon as we get possession.

Status
Not open for further replies.