Match Thread Everton v Burnley (Fri 20:00) Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm please we've finally got a bit of value/payback from Morgan and I hold my hand up to at one stage being willing to pay somebody - anybody, to take him away.
That being said, I still wouldn't pay a penny over the £29M we paid for Schneiderlin for Gomes...and none of this £120K over 5yrs rubbish either.

Burnley were terrible. Dyche admitted they failed to play with their usual tempo which got them to a survival position. I was surprised DCL was not subbed. Tosun must be crap.
Richarlison had to be taken off injured, it looks like it's always planned to sub Bernard when he tires and also looks like it was planned to give Jags a last run out at Goodison. Doesn't leave anybody to sub DCL with does it? Plus DCL was having a decent game, just needed a goal to round it off.

I'm please we've finally got a bit of value/payback from Morgan and I hold my hand up to at one stage being willing to pay somebody - anybody, to take him away.
That being said, I still wouldn't pay a penny over the £29M we paid for Schneiderlin for Gomes...and none of this £120K over 5yrs rubbish either.

Been one of his biggest critcs but credit where credit is due he has cone back and played well..

Still has a long way to go to get himself fully forgiven for downing tools and not giving a toss. Hopefukly his head is clear now and he get’s his head down pre season. Lot of other rubbish to get off the books before him (only because he has played well and puts a shift in last month or two)

Richarlison had to be taken off injured, it looks like it's always planned to sub Bernard when he tires and also looks like it was planned to give Jags a last run out at Goodison. Doesn't leave anybody to sub DCL with does it? Plus DCL was having a decent game, just needed a goal to round it off.

DCL was horrendous second half. Had a solid first but awful in the second. You're right though they were saving Jagielka's sub, had that not been the case Tosun would have come on i think.

DCL was horrendous second half. Had a solid first but awful in the second. You're right though they were saving Jagielka's sub, had that not been the case Tosun would have come on i think.
It was more a case of Everton taking their foot off the gas after going 2 goals up rather than DCL being in any way "horrendous". I like Tosun, but he hasn't taken his chances to impress yet.

It was more a case of Everton taking their foot off the gas after going 2 goals up rather than DCL being in any way "horrendous". I like Tosun, but he hasn't taken his chances to impress yet.

DCL appalling in the second half. His first touch, or lack thereof, was evident circa 70 mins when a neat pass was played to his feet but almost bounced out for a throw from his position front edge of the box. He was poor up to that point but his confidence was shot from that on and he looked frustrated with himself. I have been willing him to succeed for a few months now but its just not happening. The evidence is he is not a striker. For us to step up a couple of places in the table next year, he can't be starting up front for us. Time for the chequebook. Again.

Status
Not open for further replies.