Match Thread Everton v Burnley (Fri 20:00) Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Match stats - Burnley's May struggles
  • Everton have kept five consecutive clean sheets at Goodison Park in the Premier League for the first time since September 2013 (a run of seven).
  • Burnley earned 17 points away from home this season, 11 fewer than they managed in 2017-18, despite scoring a goal more.
  • Everton have kept nine clean sheets on home soil in the Premier League this season. Only Liverpool (11) have kept more.
  • Burnley have lost each of their last five Premier League games in the month of May, shipping 13 goals in total.
  • Burnley have had just one shot on target in their last 203 minutes of league action.
  • Burnley defender Ben Mee accounts for four of the Clarets' 11 Premier League own goals, no other player has scored more than once in this manner.
  • Seamus Coleman is the 20th player to score 20 Premier League goals for Everton, and the third defender to do so for the club after David Unsworth (33) and Leighton Baines (29).

Had a great time in the Gwladys St for my first game in a year and a half. Moving 6000 miles away in 3 weeks so it might become even less frequent. The easiest of games against a team already on their summer holidays. Pickford not a thing to do at all. Could have played Jagielka in goal, speaking of whom, a great reception was surely received from the Gwladys St end. End of an era and a great and well-deserved round of applause. Not going to pick out individuals, but a fantastic team effort tonight. Professional and killed the game in the first half. Let's hope for more next season. Come on you kin Blues.

Looked a peno to me like, very lucky I thought.
I've seen them given for less.
No doubt Burnley will be cursing...just like we do...how they get nothing off the Reff away to a 'bigger' club, it's all relative.

The Reff was well placed and I think they, some, (not the rs and manc supporters obvs) are getting wise to how players fall in a 'real' situations...however quickly it happens there will be instinctive movement of both legs/feet and arms, not...feel a touch, stop running, both feet together ( no instinctive attempt to correct your forward momentum) only the arms move to cushion expected fall you initiated.

Edit; Re Reffs, who was he, I didnt notice, which is the hallmark of a decent-ish one, not one of the usual suspects I'd guess.

I wasn't able to watch the game today. Based on reading recaps it sounds like we played them off the park. It's been a nice finish to the season, and hopefully bodes well for next season.

Hope we play well against the bigger team, Burnley...Just been reading the latest Prem most valuable clubs list and Burnley are couple places above us!

We are in Europes top 20 most valuable clubs. I cannot see burnnley being in there somehow. We are 17th, one place ahead of AC Milan. Burnley are not bigger than AC milan

Chris Wood was defending in Burnley's box in the first 50 seconds of the game, I absolutely despise this team.
Praying to god they get relegated next season.

Worse thing about that Burnley team, sometime they played out brilliantly Clearly capable of playing some football if they wanted to but a lack of faith from the Manager.

We went into auto-pilot at 2-0. Had the game mattered I imagine we'd have gone on for some more.

Thought we started the game tremendously well, pressure until 2 goals up and then took the foot of the gas. Shame our season has started way too late to take 7th barring a bizarre Fulham result today.

Status
Not open for further replies.