Match Thread Everton v Brighton - Preview, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Frustrated but happy would have taken 4 points from the two games before if you asked me. Still need add depth to this team but a positive for me even with the late goal tbis team have more of a fight and mentality.

….if he had better options, Gueye & Young might not have started.

What changes would you have made?
I wouldn't have started Young ( but we disagree on that).

Midfield we genuinely have no options.
Harrison was poor in possession but offers something defensively.

I think that I'd have been tempted to bring Beto on for McNeil , play him behind DCL , drop Doucoure deeper and be even more physical.

I'd definitely have subbed Young who at 38 can't last more than 75 minutes for Patterson.

However I acknowledge that the squad is paper thin.

In addition Dyches tactics of conceding possession adds to the physical toll on the players.

The Brighton goal was a freak one and can't blame Young for it. Maybe Pickford could have reacted a bit quicker. Good performance, solid shape through the game.

Imagine if our wingers produced some attacking output.

Doing pretty well considering Mcneil and Harrison have both been poor in attack recently.
Would be a sub i would make most games out wide bringing two winger on with fresh legs to run at the fb. Dont think he rates danjuma and dobbin is not ready so can see us looking for more. Still think we need to bring in another rm in jan

Status
Not open for further replies.