Match Thread Everton v Brighton - Preview, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am giving my MOTM to Tarks. Solid as usual but closely run by Pickford. Pickford actually swept behind the defence very well. Usually stuck to his line previously but was sweeping up over the top balls, through balls very well.

I thought our second half display, until Brighton scored, was appalling. Sitting back and trying to defend a 1 goal lead against one of the top scoring sides in the league was folly. Having said that I was delighted with the point at the end, we really missed Onana, I thought Mykolenko was very good today, gave him my vote for MOTM, but I really hope I never see us play again like we did in the second half today at home to a team who have won one of their last seven games.

…I don’t think we sat back on purpose, Brighton did what they do to lots of teams, even City struggled against them after half-time. I’m sure Dyche would’ve liked to play more in their half but we don’t have that quality in possession.

I actually think Brighton would still be struggling to score if they’d not got a stuffy deflection. Dyche did well to keep the team so organised, he can only work with what he has at his disposal.

Again it would appear I’m in the minority again here, but I enjoy watching teams like Brighton play. I enjoy their free flowing passing game.
And I disagree with almost everything most of the posters here have said. Everton have the players to retain possession and play a more expansive game. Dyche chooses not too.

Another match against a top side, only a freak goal and some again dodgy refereeing keeping them in it. I know it frustrates some people, but imagine how mad you'd be as a fan of these sides that try and imitate Pep with 1/10th of the players. Its just constant mindless passing for the sake of passing and hoping your opponent gets frustrated I guess. Instead just leaves their fans frustrated, which is fine by me.

Im hopeful we can follow up with a win against Palace next week, slide into the middle of the table and allow the manager and players some breathing room from the fans.
Because not having the ball is so much fun o_O

…I don’t think we sat back on purpose, Brighton did what they do to lots of teams, even City struggled against them after half-time. I’m sure Dyche would’ve liked to play more in their half but we don’t have that quality in possession.

I actually think Brighton would still be struggling to score if they’d not got a stuffy deflection. Dyche did well to keep the team so organised, he can only work with what he has at his disposal.
Of course we sat back, that’s all he knows, pathetic to watch. No interest in attacking only thing we do is lump balls up the field and give possession away.

Of course we sat back, that’s all he knows, pathetic to watch. No interest in attacking only thing we do is lump balls up the field and give possession away.
We absolutely sat back, which is fine, becuase we were dangerous on the counter. Had Dyche fresheneed up with Danjuma or Dobbin, we'd maybe have got a second becuase Doucs, Gana, Mcneill, Harrison were knackered.

Another match against a top side, only a freak goal and some again dodgy refereeing keeping them in it. I know it frustrates some people, but imagine how mad you'd be as a fan of these sides that try and imitate Pep with 1/10th of the players. Its just constant mindless passing for the sake of passing and hoping your opponent gets frustrated I guess. Instead just leaves their fans frustrated, which is fine by me.

Im hopeful we can follow up with a win against Palace next week, slide into the middle of the table and allow the manager and players some breathing room from the fans.

Very unlucky today. Very. And like you say, it's happened a lot.

But people want their cake and eat it. They want great football and points. Not realising the squad we have and the 2 seasons of relegation battles.

Status
Not open for further replies.