Match Thread Everton v Brighton - Preview, Match Report and MotM poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Last 10 games form table

D5D82BFA-F6BA-4CAA-8599-59B2DB3E857F.jpeg

I can't lie, a lot of managers would struggle to get anything out of players like Holgate, Keane and Rondon. Team just isn't good enough and that isn't really Benitez fault. What I do hold him accountable for are his questionable tactics and choice of substitutions. Utter garbage that. See a lot of folks saying we need to sack him. Other than giving Big Dunc the mantle till the end of the seaon, who else is available? (Don't say Nuno, please).

Ask your mates at RAWK... 100% everything is Benitez fault, other managers have got more out of this squad, and less...

Any manager would need time and funds to change this around. Unless you believe that we should be doing significantly better with the players available?

Across numerous managers now, the entire defence of Keane, Holgate, Coleman, Godfrey, Kenny have all shown themselves to be unreliable and incapable of performing regularly for a top half EPL team.

Add Allan, Gomes to that list too. Even Doucoure and DCL were dreadful today.

I’m not sure how far tactics can go when players can’t pass 10 yards.
He could very easily have gone with a back 4 of Coleman (or Kenny), Godfrey, Branthwaite and Digne today with a midfield 3 in front of them. He didn't. This one is on the manager. Fair and 'kin square.

Thankfully tested positive New Years Eve and missed that car crash unfold....unfortunately well enough to watch the stream....

It should always be a 3 in midfield. We don’t have the players capable to play in a 2. Yet for some strange reason, one man can’t see it.
Agree, 3 player mf is a must now, but I just can't fathom which one is the 3rd? Gomes is carbon copy of both Allan and doucs. I wonder who sanctioned them altogether at the first place, they only differ in their heights.

Status
Not open for further replies.