Match Thread Everton v Brighton & Hove Albion - Preview, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
The atmosphere will be a lot better than I was worried about after yesterday. Could have been toxic from the off but come on, momentum. Still a MUST win.

Good team Brighton so no easy task this. However confidence must be sky high and at some point we will turn the corner and bounce back. A win could see us mid table which in itself changes the players mindsets.
Another false dawn maybe but one day it'll click. We're 2 squad strikers short from a very safe and decent mid table team. Small steps?

Interesting last comment in FLs Evertontv interview after the game yesterday saying that Brighton are "a good possession and will have possession".

Hopefully that means we stick with the 5 man defence.

S'ton will be a different matter, but against Brighton we need to be well back.

Guess Mac Allister will be back for them for this one

No point punting the ball up to DCL unless he has someone alongside him to pick up the knock downs. Maupay? He’d be keen to stick one to an old employer

It all depends on which Everton turns up for the game. I'm going to have faith that we will be up for this and will go at Brighton all guns blazing.

14 EVEBHA.jpg

Concede first, crowd will turn, lose. Frank sacked.

Score first, we win, stay of execution for Frank. A draw and it really must be a win against Southampton or he's gone.

The FA Cup game against United can be written off and will have no bearing on Lampard's future.

Then we have two more games and a 10-day break before end of transfer window.

I think Lampard needs a minimum of 5 points from Brighton H, Southampton A, West Ham H, and even that is a terrible return against two awful sides and one mid-table one, with two home games.

If we can't capitalise on those games it will mean us needing to go away and pick up not just one unexpected win, but quite a few, which isn't happening.

Perhaps Mr Thelwell will wake up around 22. January and either help Frank or a new boss bring in a striker. But probably not.

Status
Not open for further replies.