Match Thread Everton v Brighton & Hove Albion - Preview, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Happy with those 3 points! Thought we played some nice football in the first half. Bernard was great, and Richarlison was also on form. I thought Davies did a very good job in CM until he started to tire in the second half. Slightly worrying how we can’t seem to keep our energy levels up for 90 minutes though, which made for a nervous end to the match. But hopefully we can bring in some reinforcements this month. I felt like Delph failed to impress when came on. Oh and what on earth was DCL doing with that stupid handball...

Try to head it and his head would have been kicked in so he tried to 'shoulder' it in and it just hit to low, below his shoulder.

Real positive performance that was. Although we sat back and invited pressure in the second half I think Don Carlo was limited by the players he has available, particularly in the spine of the team.

Maybe when we get a new CB and Gomes and Gbamin recover our second half performances won't reduce my nails to shreds

Real positive performance that was. Although we sat back and invited pressure in the second half I think Don Carlo was limited by the players he has available, particularly in the spine of the team.

Maybe when we get a new CB and Gomes and Gbamin recover our second half performances won't reduce my nails to shreds

We sat back for the last 10-15 because it was clear that second goal wasn't coming and we needed to try and see it out. Had we had a decent finisher on the end of the two golden chances it would have been game over and Kean comes on to get some good minutes.

I thought we were pretty good first half and good in stages in the second.

Thought we were great for the first hour or so, just lacked a killer touch for the second goal, though DCL was unlucky with his cahnce 2nd half, good save and we should/could have had 2 penalties. Had to go out on 70 minutes so didn't see the nervy finish.

Gave Bernard motm, everything good went through him. Thought Holgate was excellent too and Richarlison just never stopped running.

Thought we were great for the first hour or so, just lacked a killer touch for the second goal, though DCL was unlucky with his cahnce 2nd half, good save and we should/could have had 2 penalties. Had to go out on 70 minutes so didn't see the nervy finish.

Gave Bernard motm, everything good went through him. Thought Holgate was excellent too and Richarlison just never stopped running.
Agreed. Its now a case of 'who gets picked alongside Holgate'. This lad is improving every week, he has enormous potential.

Maybe Carlo thinks that he's a good footballer who's been playing badly, and that he can bring out the best in him.

Yes, Iceland hasn’t been great for us but he hasn’t been bad either....we have to hope Carlo can find a way to use him to grestest effect.

Aming the fans it is guilt by association....he looks so much slower and ineffective when yolked with Schneiderlin in midfield and those the memories that abide.

Recently moved to Edinburgh so pretty much just gonna be going the derby for the remainder of the season which will do me some good I think. That said, while I don’t know the full extent given I wasn’t there , I’ve read about the flat atmosphere but I can’t blame a single evertonian for being quiet or voicing frustration yesterday. The crowd was yet again a sellout which is 1000000 times more than this team save for Richarlison, DCL, Bernard, Holgate and Digne deserve.

Status
Not open for further replies.