Match Thread Everton v Brighton & Hove Albion - Preview, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bernard excellent. Rid Walcott for someone of Bernards quality, income gomes and gbamin and a CB and suddenly we have a team beginning to form

Tbf I think Carlo made the Walcott/Coleman change too soon.

We were set up in a 4-3-3 when Delph first came on and had three players up top pressing.

Sidibe looked completely lost at right-mid. As he always does.
We won the game... had he made it too late you may be blaming him for the draw. Give the man a break

A scruffy win is still a win.
Seemed to run out of steam and ideas half way through second half. System change did not help.
Yes, we were up against VAR and the ref and even the weather at times, but no getting away from our weaknesses.
Well taken, composed goal. Richarlison or Bernard for MOTM for me. Bernard for his ball skills and Richarlison for his determination. Vote goes to the goal scorer, as in the end, that's what it's all about.

Really pleased to get the win.

Bernard was great but Richarlison didn't stop working all game.

Some poor finishing and diabolical decisions from the match day and VAR officials stopped that from being a much more comfortable win.

Results in other games have gone in our favour as well.

We do really need to bring in some better players, hopefully in this window. Despite being painfully average European qualification wouldn't be out of the question with the right additions.

I voted for Bernard because he can look around a bit and pass off intelligently. It's all kick and rush out there.
Richarlison is a bit worse technically and has a different style of play but is every bit as intelligent. Knowing how to get on the end of things requires a brain too.

Bernard was poor in the second half tbf. He looked knackered. Had to bring Delph on as he's the only player we had really.

Kean would've been a poor change in that situation. Gordon not on the bench and no other wide options.

S
Bernard was poor in the second half tbf. He looked knackered. Had to bring Delph on as he's the only player we had really.

Kean would've been a poor change in that situation. Gordon not on the bench and no other wide options.
Davies was quality?
I saw him run about 4 times today......amazing.
He made the goal.

Status
Not open for further replies.