Match Thread Everton v Brighton Hove Albion - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pickford has recently punched tricky crosses, in poor conditions he decides to catch. Error.

Just like the derby when he should have tipped it. But we all know what happened there. Very similar.

We def need another option in goal. His confidence is shot. Brighton now taking shots from anywhere sensing another mistake.

Anyway, credit to the team for getting back on top.

Chuffed we're leading, and even without the fans in the stadium to sour the mood we are our own worst enemy.
Thoroughly deserved lead, two easy headers from point blank range at the same spot in the goal.

Seamus Coleman and Gylfi Sigurdsson been standout performers.
Fair play to Davies not doing much wrong. Digne and Hames are solid as well. DCL of course for the goal, really switching in for that one-touch Inzaghi game. You can see he keeps that thought in his forehead constantly - one touch, max!

They're scrappy and the weather makes everyone play badly but despite us getting battered for a while in between 35 and 45 minutes they really can't do more damage to us than what Pickford alone does.

I understand the vitriol and all but i really want to stress that we need to get behind JP as our #1. Confidence, fleeting performances, goalkeepers union and all. Be like Big Nev, show some mercy.

sorry but no. Tom Davies gets so much stick On here if he scores an own goal that he shouldn’t we would all be on his back. It’s not just an error it’s an error he has makes week in week out. We cannot pretend that he is good enough. Southall and all other world class keepers would make mistakes we all do....but he is clearly not good enough as it all happens all the time

I think we'll need 3 here...

Definitely need to score first here...

Bad conditions...constant fouling...pickford and i expect a defensive error with the rain.

Cant see us getting a top keeper (not romero!!) as teams need to replace them before monday...

All these while in games when Pickford is not committing errors, it's because our defenses are working well to cut off shots coming in. In national team likewise, defenders and midfielders shielded the goal well.

Status
Not open for further replies.