Match Thread Everton v Bournemouth - Preview, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm afraid of this one. It should be an easy three points at home, which is the worst of all expectations to have. If it's fulfilled, it was expected. There is nothing above the expectation, so if we fall short it's rage time.

At best it's like having sex with a long-time SO, where you know what you're getting, except that there's the potential for a downside that crashes your day without the expected result that put the two of you in bed in the first place.
It should have been last season when Frank lampoon was in charge and we simply didn't turn up.

Expecting more of the same.

We are weak, and crap tbh. Much as this annoys me

Need to change the noise and tamper with your small margins today you wotsit headed ball bag.
I remember when Everton had some standards ( a while ago I know) He would of well been booted down Goodison road , in fact laughed at as a consideration.
A few pre match pints will dull the dull Dyche show im sure. Cant wait for 2pm and the team sheet...NOT

Need to change the noise and tamper with your small margins today you wotsit headed ball bag.
I remember when Everton had some standards ( a while ago I know) He would of well been booted down Goodison road , in fact laughed at as a consideration.
A few pre match pints will dull the dull Dyche show im sure. Cant wait for 2pm and the team sheet...NOT
Even the early years of Moshiri, he would have been well gone by now tbh.

2 - 1 to Bournemouth. Apologies for the pessimism but you just know that bell end is going to continue being stubborn with his defensive and baffling set up and then use the trying to change the narrative of the last 2 years i.e before him i.e not his fault bollox excuses.

But COYB's anyway. lol

I expect Bournemouth to try and exploit our weakspots, i.e. full backs and over-reliance upon one big fellah up front.

So it will be interesting to see what Dyche does to combat those factors.

I'd be starting with DCL and Beto, Danjuma and McNeil out wide, Garner, Doucoure and Onana in the middle, Tarks, Brans and Keane (I know!) as a three at the back.

I know it's horrible to say. If we had one tenth of the intensity newcastle had midweek we would cruise today. oh ..... We won't.
The question therefore has to be, why the lack of intensity?

We've shown we can do it with performances away from home, yet for some reason at home we look inept at putting teams under real pressure.

Yes, we make chances, but we never look a real threat - if that makes sense. That's why the whole xG argument frustrates me, as we need to be clinical.

I want Everton to come out today with real intensity; I want the line-up to put Bournemouth under pressure from the start as teams like to sit deep against us.

The longer we do not score, the easier it is for teams. God, what I'd do for us to go in at HT 3-0 up.

It looked as though we had got through our poor start with those wins at Brentford and Villa, and the very unexpected loss
v Luton was a kick in the guts.

We were bad against Villa in the league, Arsenal and even Doncaster, but we weren't that bad in the other games, and shouldn't
have lost the home matches.

I see this match as a catalyst for the season. Do we build on the two away wins, or do we fade into the pre- Brentford gloom?

Status
Not open for further replies.