Match Thread Everton v Aston Villa - Preview, Match Report & MotM Poll

MOTM vs Aston Villa

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Villa are no great shakes. I know we aren't either but I’m hoping there have been mitigating circumstances because of that.
What I’ve seen of them is that they seem to have a great amount of luck.
Their defence is poor so I’m hoping we play on Mings as he’s a dope.
Want Duncan to chin that piece of scum in the other dugout (after the whistle of course)

My team:
Pickford

Mina. Kean. Branthwaite

Patterson. Alan. Doucoure Godfrey

Richarlson. Grey

DCL
no Keane. Thank you. Don't think that Allen is available. So I'd add Townsend and Onyango to your team. Onyango has to play sometime.
Five at the back never works for us.
Go 4-3-3. Let's rock and roll..
Up The Toffees.

Honestly don't remember his last decent game for us, he flattered to deceive IMO, often got done for pace and was short of effort.
Exactly this, all I remember from his time here is the goal against Man Utd and a few free kicks. No top defending performances and I always thought he was a weak link in our defence over his time here. He’s not that good if he was he would be at a better club than Villa.

Think it's safe in saying that the entire collective Everton family will all be locked (focused) into Goodison Park at 12.30 tomorrow. United for the first time in ages. no 27 minute walkouts ....United behind Duncan Ferguson and his coaching team. United behind the players. United in the expectation that we have a chance tomorrow. ( I never felt that we would beat Norwich City last week. Hoped that we could. Even would have settled for a draw. But never really thought that we would beat them ). It just was not happening with Benetiz running things. He had to go....
But now I feel that we have a chance. A real chance. If it was Norwich next , i 'd predict that we would smash them. This will be a different bunch tomorrow. A different mindset. A different approach.
It's Villa. I still think that we can.beat them.
A week is a long time in football, never mind politics. Hopefully the shackles are now off. Hopefully our players are chomping at the bit. To put a little of the rubbish of the last few months right.
As the guy across the park once said. " football isn't a matter of life and death. It's more than that" . Well at 12.30 tomorrow, for 90+ minutes, he is right. For the whole Everton family tomorrow there's only one thing that matters. No anti climax please. Just beat Villa.
So once more from me , good luck to the big man and his team. Let's hope that this bunch of player's can step up and give us a performance. The tension is now at fever pitch ( in my house anyway). Let's rock and roll. Up The Toffees.
Ps.......note to the ballboys.......brace yourselves tomorrow. I sense a few Everton goals. Rant over.

I think he’d like to go 4-4-2, but with our players it would end up more like 4-2-4, so I think he will continue with a 4-3-3, interested to see who the third midfielder is.
He also wants each player to play in a natural position so no more Godfrey at left back.

Can see this being a stormer of a game with plenty of goals. Don't think we'll win it though.

EVEAST.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.