Match Thread Everton v Aston Villa - Preview, Match Report & MotM Poll

MOTM vs Aston Villa

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Godfrey should have been with Mina not Holgate and Myko at Lb. Add to that for me Patterson should have been at RB. That was the big failing of Dunc's selection. Cannot understand what he was at at all.

Two FBs costing 30 mill and not used !!!!
Not even on the bench. Strange decision.

Nice for Steven Gerrard to terrorise us as a player. Then gets his first job in the prem as manager a few months ago taking over a villa promoted a few seasons ago and comes to GP and beats us.

We truly are gimps.

If only we had a left back who could be allowed to cross the half way line to swing over fantastic crosses, and an attacking midfielder with a wand of a left foot and the vision to pick out the runs of Richy, DCL and Gray. If only.

We have an excellent front 3 but not the ability to play play to their strengths.
Digne still isn’t the answer. We need a no10

Actually, I saw Kenny make quite a few incisive forward passes...

Holgate zero.
I also saw Kenny repeatedly play the ball back to Pickford when others options were on, but to be fair this was after a few horrendous Hollywood balls.

Kenny isn't good enough for this standard either in terms of his defensive or offensive abilities, yet the latter aspect is way below what's expected.

Anyway, on another note, I was quite impressed with Mina's leadership skills: taking control of situations; barking orders; talking to the referee and just leading.

From now on, I'd pick him to wear the armband over Coleman every day of the week.

Difficult one for any one to make, especially him. But don't think he should be condemned for it.
lets see where his team selection is in another 4-5 games.

I think the mistake he made was putting his biggest threats/biggest players (DCL and Richarlison) up front together.
Obviously bc that threat has been lacking. We've been losing games bc of it.

But by doing that you blind yourself to the balance needed, you don't address the midfield problem.
The problem at the moment is our best attacker Richarlison is also needed defensively in the midfield and to create width/draw defense laterally.
Villa's job was easier cause where they were defending Richarlison was defending where they needed to anyway, once they went a goal up.
For the moment I reckon Richarlison needs to playing LW

What makse youthink he will be in charge for the next 4 - 5 games?

Your own summary casts doubt on his managership. Where did he ever try to turn round with subbing?

Had Ferguson just put an extra man in midfield, we would be sitting on a win I am convinced.

We played into Villa's hands

Villa had joy through the middle of the park all game, we stopped all their threat from their wing backs.

Sadly Dunc played safe when he should have went for it. His subs did nothing but keep the same formation which wasn't working.

He should not get that job.

Status
Not open for further replies.