Match Thread Everton v Aston Villa - Preview, Match Report & MotM Poll

MOTM vs Aston Villa

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I'd be equally unsurprised to see Everton achieve a startling improvement or suffer an utter rout. I just don't understand this team.

And it'll be a drag seeing Digne in those colors, but I suppose if he wanted to continue playing in royal blue he would've dragged his feet a bit rather than dashing out the door.
Unfortunately his EGO got in the way, it’s not though he got a move to a big team, yes they are having a go but atm that’s it.

Tbh on paper our squad isn’t that bad, but it’s been managed terrible this season, there is a starting line up that could gel and that’s Duncs job to find it, Benitez couldn't, perhaps Dunc is doing everything the opposite way to Benitez that would be a good start.

Andy King scores Everton's first goal in their 4-1 win against Aston Villa in this FA Cup third round tie played at Goodison Park on the 7th January 1978.

I like to think he’s been sat there watching us this season thinking, Christ we need 3 men in that midfield. We don’t have a huge amount of options but a Gbamin or Onyango told to just sit in front of the back 4 and mop up, allowing Allan and Doucs to do their thing would change us massively.

I worry though that he’ll just go for 4-4-2 as he’ll want both Richie and Dom up top, thus making the centre of the park a lot weaker (and basically nullifying Doucs).

Either way let’s get behind them 100% and get 3 points, lunchtime bearpit to help the lads out.

@Fansince1988 Don't reckon there's much btwn them except Digne is still in his prime and Coleman past his.
Wouldve said Digne better at crosses and attacking in general, but his that form has waned in the last season or two.
Digne may see Villa as more of a certainty as a starter than the richer clubs, thus keeping his market value up.
One thing Coleman does for this team, from his corner of the pitch, is get the side going, get the intent back into it, when it seems everyone else is losing the plot...even if sometimes it makes him take on too much, extending himself beyond his ability and end up looking like a tit - like the rest of the defence.
Saturday, hopefully, Coleman will hopefully bring the battle with Digne away from ability and make it more about mentality and shithousery.
Looking forward to it.

Cometh the hour, cometh the man ?

_110044297_ferguson_getty.jpg

Possible scenarios :

Frenzied atmosphere at kick off, two minutes in Coleman misplaces pass, 0-1, finishes 0-3, twenty new managerial threads started on GOT.

Ferguson 'bloods youngsters', Rondon not even on the bench, dogs of war first half, 3-0 up.

Drab game, 0-0, Ferguson says there's a lot of work to do.

Biggest win for years, 7-0, Slippy hospitalized after squaring up to 'big Dunc'.

As an aside, Olsen has signed for Villa

Great match thread , just corrected this for you !

Status
Not open for further replies.