Match Thread Everton v Aston Villa - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t like that despite Ancelotti being our manager, having players like James and Allan etc. teams like Villa, Leicester, West Ham are absolutely light years ahead of us in play style and effort and all a team needs to do to give us major issues is press a little.

I’m actually fairly worried where we may end up in the next few years because our football is archaic

We genuinely cannot pick out a pass when trying to counter. I witness better passing going forward in Sunday league and that isn't a joke.

Not far off.

But... surely, this can't all be on the players? How is our passing so bad? Why is our pressing non-existent? Why are we so open if we attempt to attack. Why can't we move the ball quickly?

17 months...

As big of a fan of Carlo as I am, I will admin that I am becoming concerned that his style is going the way of Mourinho where the methods he used 10 years ago are simply not up to it today.

However, as much as I am sick of lethargic performances like today and players like Gomes and Iwobi, I think we need to give him 3-5 years to re-write the errors of previous managers.

Photo finish between Pickford and the woodwork.

With Pickford getting the nod.

It is a sad state of affairs that we lose a home game against a team below us in the league yet our goalkeeper is the actual MOTM.

But it sums up the way things have gone for us since Christmas to a T.

We were marginally better than Spurs and Palace teams that absolutely didn’t want to be there. Other than that, we’ve been second best in games for months.

Yeh, and Solksjaer's been playing with players most of whom he inherited. Management is not just about buying the best. It's also to do with making the best of what you've got. Ancelotti may be great at the former but what has he shown regards the latter?
There’s a fair bit of difference between the players Ole inherited at United and the players Carlo inherited to be fair

I didn't think Villa were great tonight.

For the first 15 minutes of the second half they gave our midfield the ball countless times but we lacked both the individual quality and creative nous as a team to punish them.

I knew they would outwork us and have more energy but the opportunity was there for us to win.

Status
Not open for further replies.