Everton v Aston Villa. 18th Oct at 15.00.

Who is scruffier?

• Aston Villa

Votes: 32 17.7%
  • ASTON VILLA

Votes: 115 63.5%
  • Draw

Votes: 34 18.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Great performance. Such a relief to not only win, but turn in a convincing performance against a side that don't give teams an easy ride. Goals and a clean sheet. Excellent result.

I'm also made up to say that Romelu Lukaku was ace today. Deserved his goal and his hold up play was good. To see Barkley play 65 and do well was fantastic also. It's great not to be bemoaning more injuries and dropped points. Quite the opposite in fact.

Naismith up there for motm for me. Superb. Defended from the front at times with so many good tackles. What a shift he put in. I'd give it to Baines though. What a left peg he has.

His right's not bad either!

Life is so much better when produce football like that. Barkley looks better than ever, likely looking sharp, Coleman is the best fullback in the country, Alcatraz looking more than capable of deserving his place ...positives wherever you look.

Much better today, now lets go and have a decent run. Some winnable fixtures coming in the next few weeks and could move to the right end of the table with a decent run.

Barkley was excellent after so long out, can only improve. Baines and Rom were superb as were Naismith, Coleman and Alcatraz. Even Osman played well which will annoy some.

His right's not bad either!

Life is so much better when produce football like that. Barkley looks better than ever, likely looking sharp, Coleman is the best fullback in the world , Alcatraz looking more than capable of deserving his place ...positives wherever you look.

Fixed it.

Just got in from the match, was boss having Barkley and Coleman back, Ross is class, Seamus is arguably our strongest player. Baines was class again, Lukaku showed when you get the ball in the box for him he will finish and Osman was erm... Osman.

Roll on Thursday

Barry made a tackle in the middle of the second half, if its on MOTD or whatever ( it won't ) but oh my days.

Congrats to Everton. I note Eto'o didn't look excited coming on. Having watched almost all of the team's games I am afraid he won't get much playing time this season. Everton plays with 1 striker. Lukaku is a better fit for the physical English game and Naysmith is simply ...well a decent fwd and even better, a workaholic. Signing for Everton, Eto'o made the wrong sporting choice but for the club it is a great catch having such a sub if only he remains motivated. :)
I think he was bought for Europe. starts Thursday for me

.....couple of points from me:

I can't underestimate (again) what it takes for a RB to get on the end of a cross from a LB. The fact that it was was a virtual tap in makes it even more amazing, a full-back getting in the 6 yard box is incredible. It really is incredible. Can't say much more - INCREDIBLE.

Delighted for Alcaraz. They have some fireworks up front but he was fine. He's got a bit of quality and class about him.

881st!

just got in, not from the footy unfortunately. Are we boss again, YES! Everyone else has said the good stuff that I would have said so I'll just say well done Chicoazul and Everton. happy Saturday folks.

Made up with that performance today. Howard and Defence solid, Coleman and Baines fantastic as usual. Midfield much improved, hardly gave the ball away and when we did we won it back straight away. Passing game works so much better when Ross is there. Fella behind me moaning all game about the slow build up play, blatantly refusing to realise that most of our chances including 2 of the goals today came from keeping the ball in the midfield and waiting for the right pass. It worked a treat today. COYB

.....couple of points from me:

I can't underestimate (again) what it takes for a RB to get on the end of a cross from a LB. The fact that it was was a virtual tap in makes it even more amazing, a full-back getting in the 6 yard box is incredible. It really is incredible. Can't say much more - INCREDIBLE.

Delighted for Alcaraz. They have some fireworks up front but he was fine. He's got a bit of quality and class about him.

I thought that too. On 70 mins as well as being 2 up. Mental.

Oh, Paul Lambert. "We were well beaten". Yup.

457430558-seamus-coleman-of-everton-celebrates-scoring-gettyimages.jpg

Impressive performance from the lads, a halftime lead, another goal for Rom, a clean sheet, no injuries and a first home win. Couldn't have asked for more. I anticipated a much closer game tbh and the second goal was always going to be a biggie.

In short, just what the doctor ordered.

THOUGHTS

The return of our Irish lads and Barkley was the difference I felt - I was also surprised at Alcaraz' overall composure after a somewhat nervy start. Rom had his best game yet (this season) in that he did what he needs to do, get at least one goal a game. Even so, the free Naisimith yet again outperformed his £28m counterpart.

In particular, Seamus Coleman was impressive. He is an absolute fairytale of a footballer - signed for 60K, now worth £60m.... easily. Although there was no need to write that last bit as he's OURS! Got that Daily Mail/Metro/S*n?

GOT THAT?!

Even Disney couldn't emulate what this absolute lad has achieved at Everton.

FORM AND FORTUNE

Also, I think today's win has changed the complexion of the early season, especially compared to other seasons we have started "badly" and been fine. After 8 games we are now...

6 points better off than 05/06 - Seven from nine followed, including a draw against rampant Chelsea.
2 points worse off than 07/08 - but now a win and a draw will see us equal that.
1 point better off than 08/09
2 points worse off than 09/10
- but let's assume we'll not have the same dreadful pre-Xmas run that was forthcoming!
Equal with 2010/11 - but again there was an upcoming barren run with only one win in about the next nine games.
2 points better off than 11/12 - Ditto the last two

Although our sights obviously should be higher, but these stats will be a great psychological boost for all going into a very important run of games that, though victory is never taken for granted, should present a great opportunity.... nothing more.

AFTERTHOUGHT

Call me a nutter though, but I was still pacing around and chewing my nails even at 3-0. The memories of that last 10 minutes against Arsenal are still fresh in the memory.

Did anyone else feel like that or is it just me being a mug as usual?

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.