Match Thread Everton v Arsenal - Monday December 6th. 8pm

Everton MOTM vs Arsenal

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
.…Richarlison’s performance only bettered by the magnificent support. That crowd was amazing.

There are factors at play making Everton an unhappy place, Coleman said after the game that there are problems off the pitch but the players react positively to that crowd.

Take a bow if you were there, this was totally down to you.

Just watched the game! 2 goals disallowed 1 nil down at 80 and dead and buried I thought!

Full credit to Gray and Richarlison but our defence was magnificent (some of those last ditch blocks/tackles!) as was mostly everyone.

I’m willing to give Benitez time and a few transfer windows based on Gray alone! Did he not train with Leicester or something?

I’m going to watch the highlights. Can’t remember how long it’s been since I did that!

Same thing happened for my transplant in 2010. Pain at the time because you’re all geared up but they know what they’re doing. Might as well get a good’un! Stay well.?
The secret,as you know, is to carry on with a busy life and just treat it as a minor inconvenience. The working medical staff are superb its the people at the top in suits who don't do the NHS any good, and waste money hand over fist.

I'm 80 years old. Went into hospital for a kidney transplant on Saturday morning. Did three hours pre op, and transplant was cancelled because donor kidney was faulty. All a bit like watching Everton,but tonight the blues got the transplant !!!
All the very best, hope you get sorted soon!

Boom

E048F752-D2BD-4C27-B7A4-45D675BCBD8B.jpeg

nice one lad.

I think if you're going to use technology, there has to be a 'cutting off point'.

But VAR isn't fit for purpose. It's not like cricket, where you have hotspots, noise analysis and a set area to monitor; it's a much more complicated sport.

It's why 'trust the tech' doesn't work for me, as it still relies on subjective input. If anyone can realistically tell me how the tech can know exactly how far Richarlison's foot is in the air, I'm all ears, because if the tech is that good then why on earth are we relying on a guy drawing lines out?

A good example of tech in football is the goalline sensor. It's over the line or not, no ifs or buts. VAR is a bad example of tech in football.
We need the football equivalent of umpire's call. Go back to the flag being raised if the lino thinks its offside, but carry on and if a goal results, check it. Marginal decision goes with the official's call. What is happening is that match officials are hiding behind VAR, let's go back to on field officiating, supported by VAR and stop this crap ruining of the game and frankly top 6 decision making.

Does anyone think VAR is fair?

Looking back on last night's result, I think most would agree that there was real effort and commitment there, so they do have it in them after all. But it shouldn't take Brands' exit and the threat of a mass walkout to get these players fired up; put in that same amount of effort in every game and we'll all have much less to criticize - irrespective of how results go or who the manager is.

.…Richarlison’s performance only bettered by the magnificent support. That crowd was amazing.

There are factors at play making Everton an unhappy place, Coleman said after the game that there are problems off the pitch but the players react positively to that crowd.

Take a bow if you were there, this was totally down to you.
what a grim take this is. the win was entirely the crowd's doing.? I've never heard such nonsense. The crowd has been forced to watch anaemic football for a decade. But it is entirely predictable. Don't give the manager an inch of credit for a terrific come back win, even after the pressure piled on his head with an injury let from hell. I've heard on here that the players aren't trying for the manager, well I think that canard was put to rest last night. They fought to the last.

haha I was trying to be funny. Failed again!
Not a fail, it was funny! In Liverpool today, strangely enough ,at the Devonshire for the Good Turns Christmas lunch. Ricky Tomlinsons and Lady Dodds charity. Company will be great, but the meal terrible as usual. A few good Evertonians will be there as usual.

Status
Not open for further replies.