Match Thread Everton v AFC Bournemouth - Preview, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
As I often do checked Bournemouth forums before and after the game.

Before the game they fancied it, saying we do gift goals away and Goodison isn't a great place for them to play.
After the game, you had a split of some being salty over referee decisions, thinking Gomes should have been sent off, and others that accepted once We scored they were never getting back in the game.

There are a lot of posters worrying about being dragged into a relegation scrap, which is a bit dramatic there is enough ground between them and the bottom 3 and they are likely to pick up enough points to at least stay around the position they are in now.
Bournemouth have 27 points
I’d be amazed if Fulham and Huddersfield reach that target
I think 35 points will be safe this season

So we only need 5 more lol

I thought teams would need more than 40 points last season to avoid relegation, think it ended up being around 33 in the end

Probably be 28 this season
Huddersfield will be lucky to get 20
Fulham will be lucky to get 25
Newcastle, Southampton, Burnley Palace and Cardiff will fight it out for the last spot
I thinks 35/36 will be needed to be safe unless Cardiff go into a free fall but they are getting points here and there

Bournemouth have 27 points
I’d be amazed if Fulham and Huddersfield reach that target
I think 35 points will be safe this season

So we only need 5 more lol
I know that's tongue in cheek but, personally, I have never worried that we might get sucked into a relegation battle. I just want us to continue to get in players of the quality of Zouma, Gomes, Digne and Bernard at the expense of Niasse, Tosun (both obviously coming up against better defences in the PL than in that Europe place) and 'Blind Alley' Walcott. Then, the natural order of things should change.

I know that's tongue in cheek but, personally, I have never worried that we might get sucked into a relegation battle. I just want us to continue to get in players of the quality of Zouma, Gomes, Digne and Bernard at the expense of Niasse, Tosun (both obviously coming up against better defences in the PL than in that Europe place) and 'Blind Alley' Walcott. Then, the natural order of things should change.
Either have I to be honest
7-11 is where I expect us to finish this season
3/4 players of the quality we have already signed along with Zouma and Gomes and I think we can push on next season
RB RW and a recognised striker in the summer please Marco

I thought teams would need more than 40 points last season to avoid relegation, think it ended up being around 33 in the end

Probably be 28 this season

Agreed - and a sad reflection on how the money in the game is segregating the top 6 from the rest. The points required to win the league is going up and up while the points required to finish 17th is going down and down.

I don't understand the hate towards Anthony Taylor. I reckon he was a homer and saved EFC.

Gomes should have walked and the Richarlison arm in the centre-half's was deliberate and also
a possible red card.

I don't understand the hate towards Anthony Taylor. I reckon he was a homer and saved EFC.

Gomes should have walked and the Richarlison arm in the centre-half's was deliberate and also
a possible red card.
His decisions were all over the place, and as for being a homer - 5 yellows to Everton players and none to Bournemouth says everything.

Threw down £8 to watch this one on Sky, only to be greeted by the sight of a shower of ex-RS - Souness, Redknapp & Keane - all milling around at Wembley, just to be met by Carragher when it transferred to Goodison. Enjoyed the game, but this was a timely reminder as to why I jibbed off Sky Sports years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.