Everton tried to bring back Jack Rodwell on deadline day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really no opinion on this other than Gibson, Barry, & McCarthy all play his position. We're fine at DM right now. Not a priority.

Really no opinion on this other than Gibson, Barry, & McCarthy all play his position. We're fine at DM right now. Not a priority.

Gibson's a crock though and that puts a lot of pressure on barry and mccarthy to play a lot of games in a row and not get suspended or lose intensity, which is a hard thing for that kind of player to do especially at barry's age.

I think an extra dm wouldn't do us any harm, given we've had to play osman there at times this season.

Never want to see him here permanently again.

Tbh, I'd have taken him on loan for the end of this season as he'd have been better than nothing/Osman as central midfield back-up.

Gibson's a crock though and that puts a lot of pressure on barry and mccarthy to play a lot of games in a row and not get suspended or lose intensity, which is a hard thing for that kind of player to do especially at barry's age.

I think an extra dm wouldn't do us any harm, given we've had to play osman there at times this season.

Rodwell is a crock just like Gibson. He will spend more time sitting on the sideline than playing.

And Rodwell is vastly overrated by some fans here just because he scored that goal against Man Utd. He made quite a few infamous mistakes while playing for Citch. He just isn't that good.

It's purely down to injuries with the lad. To suggest he's not very good is redicilous. He has excellent potential, England international potential and is still only very young.

It's not impossible that he will grow out of his injurie problems, unfortunately it's not impossible he won't grow out of them! Any decision on rodwell for me would come down to his injuries. Would take him on a loan next season and assess him and his injuries. If we make Europe league were gonna need more numbers.

Getting the money we got for him was one of the best deals this club has ever had. The lad is bang average, not to mention never available.

Stephen Gerrard suffered injuries due to accelerated growth.
The issue is doesn't hamstrings make you more risk at getting another one due to weakness.
he began to suffer from nagging back problems, which sports consultant Hans-Wilhelm Müller-Wohlfahrt later diagnosed as a result of accelerated growth, coupled with excessive playing, during his teenage years.[SUP][13][/SUP] He was then beset by groin injuries that required four separate operations.

He went on to recover from this, and in the 2000–01 season made fifty starts in all competitions and scored ten goals as he won his first major honours with Liverpool

hamstring injuries do make you more susceptible to more, but with a better training programme and therapy he would be fine. there's no such thing as injury prone, just athletes who have been mangled due to poor programmes, bad biomechanics or freak injuries like a 14 stone centre half clattering into your knee cap.

Moyes ruined Rodwell with his dinosaur training methods. I'd have every confidence in Martinez keeping him healthy.

I compete at a very high level in the 100m. I've had six hamstring tears and numerous sciatic/neural issues. But I havent had a tear in my hammy since feb 2012. It's not because of luck, it's because a new coach devised a better programme for me and sorted out my mechanics.

Craig Bellamy had a torrid time with injuries but at City when mark Hughes was there a fella called Steve Fudge, who now coaches James Dasaolu (second fastest brit over 100m behind linford chrsite) who was working as City at the time who devised a programme for Bellamy to stay healthy, and he has done ever since despite aging (which would generally make you more susceptible to injury)

hamstring injuries do make you more susceptible to more, but with a better training programme and therapy he would be fine. there's no such thing as injury prone, just athletes who have been mangled due to poor programmes, bad biomechanics or freak injuries like a 14 stone centre half clattering into your knee cap.

Moyes ruined Rodwell with his dinosaur training methods. I'd have every confidence in Martinez keeping him healthy.

I compete at a very high level in the 100m. I've had six hamstring tears and numerous sciatic/neural issues. But I havent had a tear in my hammy since feb 2012. It's not because of luck, it's because a new coach devised a better programme for me and sorted out my mechanics.

Craig Bellamy had a torrid time with injuries but at City when mark Hughes was there a fella called Steve Fudge, who now coaches James Dasaolu (second fastest brit over 100m behind linford chrsite) who was working as City at the time who devised a programme for Bellamy to stay healthy, and he has done ever since despite aging (which would generally make you more susceptible to injury)
He's had plenty of injuries at city as well though.

We've had a very fit and injury free squad this year, that is true.

We defo need another CM, but taking on another "injury prone" CM would be utter madness, so for that reason Rodwell is defo not the answer.

Not true.

Medicine is becoming more and more advanced when it comes to predicting long term injury concerns even when an athlete is able to perform perfectly well at the time of testing.

Status
Not open for further replies.