Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think some people doing Iwobi a bit dirty, He's not that bad.
He's no slouch like.

He does need to be played centrally imo. In whatever system.

But he's not a player we should be tweaking a system around to get the best out of.

That being said, we only have two players who are worth doing that for, which is why we played 4-4-2 last season.

4-4-2 really doesn't suit any of our players except the forwards.
Think this is a fairy summary of him.

he looks like he’s running in quicksand

Think it's why he's better central.

He does carry the ball well at pace. It's his decision making and then final ball which can be a huge issue.

Think he's a player who thrives just running at a defence and then having players around him to give him options – hence why he looked at his best in the middle for us.

Iwobi runs at around the same pace as Magaye Gueye.

Really hope we can get players that can think, pass and run at speed. It feels like most of our team can’t play quick football at all.
the money we paid for iwobi was one of the worst pieces of business we have ever done

I don't place too much stock in it but he was ranked by whoscored as evertons best defender that season. Ahead of Baines, Coleman, Jagielka and Williams. All of them utter garbage that year and far worse than Martina over the season on any metric.

People are forgetting how horrendous we were, and how much worse than Martina some of his more high profile team mates were.
And that is why these "stats" sites are a load of old balls. Anyone who has seen Martina play who doesn't think he is the worst player to play for Everton has lost their minds. In one game, when I had a seat uncomfortably close to our right back position, he made Robbie Brady look like Arjen Robben. Robbie Brady! At one point, when Brady had the ball, Martina turned his back on him and ran away from him towards our goal. I had never seen that on a professional football pitch before and then a few games later, against West Ham I think, he did it again. Horror show of a player.

d1cf9c3.png

Who could we realistically target from this mob? Pellegrini? Foden on loan?

Us and Spurs seem to have identical transfer lists lol

It's not that surprising, they have been doing that for years, I still remember when they used to wait for us to get a bid accepted and then swoop in. They did that when they got Kyle Walker and Kyle Naughton from Sheffield United for £9m and when they got sissoko from Newcastle

Status
Not open for further replies.