Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Arsenals second choice striker Lacazette would moon walk backwards into our starting line up and he’s nowhere near as good as Aubameyang. That is a mid table finish and we need to be better than that.

When you actually think about it we are so far off and delusional if we think we are going anywhere fast without major investment.

Walcott can run straight lines. No real skill in beating his man other than for pure pace and also doesn’t have a worthwhile crossing ability. The classic winger was too one dimensional not providing enough goal scoring threat of their own and with modern fullbacks the role of getting down the line and crossing is already filled.

We need more players in the team that are able to take their man on but we already spend too much time in the wide channels but that will get better by adding new CMs and replacing DCL for Kean.

The main need in our team is dynamism providing options in attacking approach. Anyway of achieving that is a good addition
If Theo had a final ball, he would be priceless.

Striker isn’t a priority position for us apparently yet a mid table Arsenal have Aubameyang who finishes everything and we have DCL who chokes 75% of his chances.

What would DCL have done with that Auba chance yesterday? I can tell you he’d not have even been able to fake zouma let alone get a ping off.

I think you will find striker is a priority unless we are just going to play Richarlison upfront on his own.

I had that exact same thought in my mind as he scored that goal. It was sublime forward play.

The form of DCL after the lockdown has been the biggest disappointment for me, in regards to he can hold the ball up well, but his finishing and predatory instincts that are the bread and butter of any elite forward, had regressed. He had started to look useful in the winter months, but was that just a fluke purple patch?

McNeil would be my choice on the left, and then maybe Brooks on the right. Another who I always think looks decent is Harry Wilson, but I can't say that I've seen a lot of him.

Definitely need to get two natural wide midfielders if the plan is to stick with 4-4-2.
If the plan is to play like Burnley and recruit to out-Burnley Burnley, the club could have saved a shitload of money by hiring Dyche. Probably the best manager around for 4-4-2 with natural wide midfielders.

Dinosaur ball that would make Allardyce look both hyper modern and offensive.

Arsenals second choice striker Lacazette would moon walk backwards into our starting line up and he’s nowhere near as good as Aubameyang. That is a mid table finish and we need to be better than that.

When you actually think about it we are so far off and delusional if we think we are going anywhere fast without major investment.

That’s true. The quality gap is huge. Arsenal have a front three they spent 177 million acquiring. They can also afford to have players like Ozil, Mkhitaryan, and Guendozi frozen out of the squad. That’s why they can turn up against the likes of Chelsea and City and win trophies.

Our best front three includes a Sheffield United academy player who cost 1.5 million and a winger who was deemed not good enough to even make Arsenal’s squad.

I had that exact same thought in my mind as he scored that goal. It was sublime forward play.

The form of DCL after the lockdown has been the biggest disappointment for me, in regards to he can hold the ball up well, but his finishing and predatory instincts that are the bread and butter of any elite forward, had regressed. He had started to look useful in the winter months, but was that just a fluke purple patch?
It makes you really appreciate how important a striker is and what we are missing.

Sure everyone knows we have an awful MF but let’s not pretend striker isn’t a priority position or we are in for another disappointing season.

If Theo had a final ball, he would be priceless.

I think he does, as much as most. Half the time the problem is that theres no one in the middle to be on the end of the ball in,DCLs positional sense is the main weakness in his game. Keen in his two full games has shown that his positional sense comes naturally, like it does with all the best strikers....Lukaku, Kane(when on his game) and even back as far as Yakubu, who couldn't move well but knew instinctively were to stand !!.

I think the fact that some think GK, some think Defence, some think Midfield and some think Attack is priority... That alone shows what a rebuilding job we have on our hands.

We're miles behind Wolves and Leicester as it stands and I don't expect that gap will be caught up over one summer.

My hope for next season realistically is Battling for Top 8, cup runs and more consistent performances using players who fit the style. Anything more than that will be a huge bonus from where we are currently.

I think he does, as much as most. Half the time the problem is that theres no one in the middle to be on the end of the ball in,DCLs positional sense is the main weakness in his game. Keen in his two full games has shown that his positional sense comes naturally, like it does with all the best strikers....Lukaku, Kane(when on his game) and even back as far as Yakubu, who couldn't move well but knew instinctively were to stand !!.
Agree with toast on Walcott. Gets into some great positions but his decision making with the ball can be terrible. Agree with you about Kean though. Hope we keep him cos he has all the attributes needed like pace and power

Yeah Theo does play some cracking balls at times to be fair to him, but it’s usually when he is well ahead of the play and nobody is quick enough to keep up with him. He struggles a bit when the play stops and he has to beat the man to get the ball in

It makes you really appreciate how important a striker is and what we are missing.

Sure everyone knows we have an awful MF but let’s not pretend striker isn’t a priority position or we are in for another disappointing season.

I still think having a TEAM is the biggest issue that needs addressing. How many times do you see a player for us wide open in the 6 yard box, and one of our players with the ball will shoot from a stupid angle. A midfielder play a pass and then stand still or stroll into an area where it would be impossible to receive the ball back. We just do not function properly and it has been an issue for multiple seasons now. There is a huge lack of belief in the side/each other and that needs addressing, or it won't matter who we bring in.

When I watch City play and Arsenal yesterday, the movement and intelligence as a team is on another level. But that same Arsenal squad where not performing like that under Emre.

We do need better players, leaders on the pitch, who want Everton to be successful. Street fighters who hate losing.
But we need a team ethic to really succeed, and I think that ebbed away many years ago, replaced by the mantel of plucky little Everton.
That mentality has to be altered above all else. Hopefully Ancelotti and the stadium progress will help overcome that legacy created by Kenwright.

The last few months Nketiah has been Arsenals first choice striker. He did not get minutes in Championship before christmas and he has scored twice in 13 matches for Arsenal in the league. Lacazette has 10 league goals this season. The league champion has a striker that scored 9 league goals this season.

Aubameyang is playing on the left. Which is why they can play with Nketiah or Lacazette as a striker. Arsenal have wide players that creates a lot of goals.

Everton have wide players that spend most of the match in full back position. Defending.

The number of goals scored by the strikers is the least of Everton's problem. We need those 20-25 goals from the wide players and midfielders. Not the extra 4 or 5 we could hope for by upgrading a striker.

Look at Chelsea. How much better they are as a team with Giroud that hardly scores compared to when playing Abraham that scores for fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.