Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought this Everton guy was nailed on? What happened?

If we're talking about Gremio player, he's supposedly extremely difficult to buy as his current contract is a mess - partly owned by the club and partly owned by private parties. If the club demands £25m, that's only part of the overall transfer fee as each part-owner wants their cut.

Not sure if that's just social media posturing or true, as 3rd party ownership is quite common in South America.

Find it hard when were linked to 28-29 year old players now. We've been burned so badly in the Walsh years doing that.

But have to also remember...how old were the likes of Andy Gray, Kevin Campbell, Gareth Barry, Richard Gough, Sylvain Dustin when we signed them. Not every older player is a bad signing.

King for £15m as a versatile backup I think I'd be ok with. Any more and I'm out

With either Brentford or Fulham coming up, hopefully another option to offload Walcott, Iwobi, Bolasie, Tosun.

Throw in Sigurdsson, Delph.

Is there any club ever had so much dead wood???

If we're talking about Gremio player, he's supposedly extremely difficult to buy as his current contract is a mess - partly owned by the club and partly owned by private parties. If the club demands £25m, that's only part of the overall transfer fee as each part-owner wants their cut.

Not sure if that's just social media posturing or true, as 3rd party ownership is quite common in South America.

They wanted huge money before but the president said 2 weeks ago that he wont stand in evertons way and would take a fair offer which seems to be £22.5mil.

Hard to gauge on whether he would do well for us but looks very good for Brazil.

The general view on here seems to be that the midfield needs fixing first, but if Richarlison got injured, god forbid, where the hell else are the goals going to come from?
when we say fix the midfield, I hope we are all including the wings too, not just the centre, we need goals and assists from the left and right at the minute we get none, so for me bernard iwobi and walcot all need replacing hopefully with goals

Find it hard when were linked to 28-29 year old players now. We've been burned so badly in the Walsh years doing that.

But have to also remember...how old were the likes of Andy Gray, Kevin Campbell, Gareth Barry, Richard Gough, Sylvain Dustin when we signed them. Not every older player is a bad signing.

King for £15m as a versatile backup I think I'd be ok with. Any more and I'm out

Walsh was a fraud

Carlo knows what he needs

Seen him come on against Fulham in their last match, looked a talented lad, went straight on up top and beat a few players - injected something into the match that they didn't have and had a couple shots in the short time he was on. Looked to be able to hold it up well (has quite a stocky build) but he was only on for about 10 mins.
Cheers for the info. Paper talk I know but it says we offered £3 million that was rejected but now available at a cut price £1 million. I would have thought our scouts would have watched with dowell being in their said. Another report says we like him but would prefer to keep our money for first team options and that Gelhardt would be for the U23 team. Let's hope we don't regret it if Leeds sign him

when we say fix the midfield, I hope we are all including the wings too, not just the centre, we need goals and assists from the left and right at the minute we get none, so for me bernard iwobi and walcot all need replacing hopefully with goals
Need a whole new midfield but being realistic we need at least 2 in who have power, aggression, a good engine and have the legs to actually get in the box. None of our midfield looks that fit. Bernard is too slight so get rid. Iwobi if a decent offer comes in get rid. Siggy get rid. Davies looks lost get rid. Keep Gomes another year see if he gets any better with better players around him. I'd keep Walcott because of his pace

With either Brentford or Fulham coming up, hopefully another option to offload Walcott, Iwobi, Bolasie, Tosun.

Throw in Sigurdsson, Delph.

Is there any club ever had so much dead wood???

I’m not actually sure Brentford would want any of our wingers considering they have Mbeumo and Benrahma!

We'd be going around in circles buying trash like king. Most of his goals are pens, but what on earth would be bring to us? He's not as talented as kean or Richarlison and is probably the same type as dcl but scoring less goals. He's about on par with tosun, he could start at Bournemouth all season, take pens and post the same figures.

Buying players of that calibre is why we're in this mess. We have a massive squad but it's lacking in quality. If we buy 4 new starters you're looking at that quality increasing significantly. Josh king is far from quality, the man utd rejects we buy are bad enough, never mind the rejects who weren't even good enough to be given a chance there to be labelled a reject, like King and zaha.

Soon as we fix the midfield we'll inevitably be saying next season "need another striker Richarlison cant do it on his own"

As Evertonians by and large can not see past the glaring issues. Same as those who queried if Pickford was good enough were shot down "but its the defence doh lads".

Ultimately the following is needed:

2x CM
1x LW
1x RW
1x CF
1x GK
1x RB
1x CB

Obviously thats not happening in just one summer but those deluding themselves that we are well stocked up front once midfield is upgraded or that the GK is fine once we sort out CB & RB are very naive - we are 12th for a reason.

We'd be going around in circles buying trash like king. Most of his goals are pens, but what on earth would be bring to us? He's not as talented as kean or Richarlison and is probably the same type as dcl but scoring less goals. He's about on par with tosun, he could start at Bournemouth all season, take pens and post the same figures.

Buying players of that calibre is why we're in this mess. We have a massive squad but it's lacking in quality. If we buy 4 new starters you're looking at that quality increasing significantly. Josh king is far from quality, the man utd rejects we buy are bad enough, never mind the rejects who weren't even good enough to be given a chance there to be labelled a reject, like King and zaha.
Totally agree. We need pace and power in this team. Sarr from Watford being linked today with palace for £40 million. Someone like that would do

Status
Not open for further replies.