Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think there is bit of “Everton is a much bigger club than Palace” and no one could argue that from a historical perspective they are miles bigger.
Currently there is almost parity in league terms although from memory I think we have only finished above Everton once in the past seven seasons (our current run in the EPL).
Zaha and his advisors will be looking for a team that will play in Europe and/or win things. That’s why he wants to leave Palace.Is that Everton at the moment? Maybe in a couple of years if the new manager is backed. Zaha will be almost 30 by then.
My view is that he will go to France or Germany to a club that has qualified for Europe or bolster the squad of a English top 6 team where he won’t play every game but be on more than Palace can pay him.
I’m sure he’s off but he is leaving himself very few options.
If he does become a Blue, I hope he is fantastic for you. Just can’t see it at the moment.

I think it depends on how Brands and Ancellotti sell the club to Zaha, I get the point that in terms of the table we are really no different to Palace, but the desire of the club is different. With respect to Zaha, I dont see a top 4 team coming for him and the champions league teams that might want him, like Dortmund, wouldn't spend the money on him, given his age and no resale value. So other than Everton, if he wants a move, what are his options? Possibly Arsenal, if they have money to spend. I will be a bit surprised if the deal goes through, I think ultimately we will sign someone a bit younger and a bit cheaper

Still say the same thing I said last summer...Zaha and Richarlison on either wing would be absolutely deadly. Cause all kinds of destruction just by being on the field.

BUT...Palace rejected £50+mill. He sulked. Now he'll get sold to Arsenal for less.

Nothing has changed in my view

I think there is bit of “Everton is a much bigger club than Palace” and no one could argue that from a historical perspective they are miles bigger.
Currently there is almost parity in league terms although from memory I think we have only finished above Everton once in the past seven seasons (our current run in the EPL).
Zaha and his advisors will be looking for a team that will play in Europe and/or win things. That’s why he wants to leave Palace.Is that Everton at the moment? Maybe in a couple of years if the new manager is backed. Zaha will be almost 30 by then.
My view is that he will go to France or Germany to a club that has qualified for Europe or bolster the squad of a English top 6 team where he won’t play every game but be on more than Palace can pay him.
If he does become a Blue, I hope he is fantastic for you. Just can’t see it at the moment.

I think he still has 3 years at the top so would be a good signing for under £30m.
How much do you think Palace would sell for and do Man Utd still get a % of he's transfer fee?

I think it depends on how Brands and Ancellotti sell the club to Zaha, I get the point that in terms of the table we are really no different to Palace, but the desire of the club is different. With respect to Zaha, I dont see a top 4 team coming for him and the champions league teams that might want him, like Dortmund, wouldn't spend the money on him, given his age and no resale value. So other than Everton, if he wants a move, what are his options? Possibly Arsenal, if they have money to spend. I will be a bit surprised if the deal goes through, I think ultimately we will sign someone a bit younger and a bit cheaper

If Sancho goes to United, then i Could see Zaha going to Dortmund.

Obviously we bid for Zaha last season but is he someone Ancelotti fancies? No idea. Perhaps just rehashed by the media. Would he improve the team currently, yes. So on that basis would have no problem signing him as long as other areas are addressed.

Do I think he wants to come here? Probably not.

A good post. Thanks for your input.

Less than last season and yes.(From memory 25%)

As you haven't said how much you think Palace would except but with agents fees and the 25% sell on fee there must be a price where he's not worth selling (unless he insists he wants a new challenge?)

As you haven't said how much you think Palace would except but with agents fees and the 25% sell on fee there must be a price where he's not worth selling (unless he insists he wants a new challenge?)
I think it’s now got to the point where the answer is we will get as much as we can as he is determined to go. That will be less than we were asking last season.
He will say (not unreasonably) that he has given his all for us for the past ten years. He binned his agent after last season’s farrago and he is making it clear now he wants to be off so we would be stupid to let his contract run down and (due to his age) so would he.
There is no release clause in his contract which was probably the cause of him binning his last agent.

Status
Not open for further replies.