Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's like planting Japanese knotweed to kill off the oversized leylandii. What could go wrong?
Nothing!
Although, (and I’m sure it’s just me) I do struggle with the logic that goes;
Zaha is gash
Zaha is too old
Zaha is too expensive
Zaha needs to be swerved at all costs
Let’s get Zaha for £30m
Palace would take Tosun Bernard Bolasie etc all of who have slated daily on GoT for months (years in some cases) because that will solve all Palace’s problems.

seen the stories of us linked with Ivanovic on a free. I dont think this is a bad move, I know he is 36, but we need strong people in the dressing room and a CB that Holgate and Branthwait can learn from. I think all managers need their voice out on the pitch and in the dressing room I could see Ivanovic doing this
We could have had Jags for that. Instead we binned him off and now are after a 36 year old.???

I think its just a lazy fictional link. I'd be very surprised if we actually had any of the same targets as last summer.

I think it's a safe assumption we'll have some interest given we lodged a club record free for him last season.

Unless of course, Iwobi was a genuine fall back option... lol

Nothing!
Although, (and I’m sure it’s just me) I do struggle with the logic that goes;
Zaha is gash
Zaha is too old
Zaha is too expensive
Zaha needs to be swerved at all costs
Let’s get Zaha for £30m
Palace would take Tosun Bernard Bolasie etc all of who have slated daily on GoT for months (years in some cases) because that will solve all Palace’s problems.

Well, Palace did take Tosun and James McCarthy.

And I've saw across Twitter that a lot of your fans would like Bolasie back.

To be fair I think the post said a Moyes type squad but with more quality. I can see the logic in that. By and large you knew what you were getting from a Moyes squad; they were tight knit, worked hard, everybody knew what their job was, but they lacked that bit of quality to take us to the next level. I would take a hard working side being ‘best of the rest’ every single day over some of the utterly gutless horror shows we’ve seen over the last few years.

Me too. At least they put a shift in , and gave it their best shot

Can't take months of Zaha again.

My view is the same as last year - he's overpriced and overrated as a direct consequence of his importance to Crystal Palace.
that would be my concern. Gylfi was a similar figure for Swansea and granted they are very different players but to take someone out of a team that has such influence and put him into another squad where the dynamic is completely different who knows how that might play out.
I guess the big difference this time is i have faith in Carlo. If (and it's a big if) the paper talk is true and Carlo wants him then he'll have a clear idea of how he fit's into his style of play.
It felt like we purchased Gylfi just to have him with no real sense of what role he'd play, we were just stockpiling No10s. Also i think Zaha as an athlete is likely to give a team more as he ages whereas Gylfi's decline has been almost overnight but that's a risk with any signing.

We could have had Jags for that. Instead we binned him off and now are after a 36 year old.???

Possibly, but Jagielka has not worked with Ancelotti before, Ivanovic has. Some managers like to bring in players they have worked with before because they know what is expected of them. Look at when Martinez came in, he brought in; McCarthy, Joel, Kone, Alcaraz. When Moyes went to United he took Fellini and tried to take Baines

You paid a decent fee for McCarthy who was a complete write off for us.
Tosun - you took him and Steve Parish talked up signing him permanently and your local press were reporting you're still interested.

Your wry smiles at Everton fans suggesting Palace would take our fridge players is amiss.
Oh, I’m not saying we wouldn’t take them. I’m saying I wouldn’t want them. Despite the regular glowing recommendations they get on GoT.
McCarthy wasn’t slated. The general feeling as I understood it was that he had been unlucky with injuries and otherwise might have been ok, good passer etc.
Tosun may have been attractive after he scored at Man City as an option to replace that scoring machine Benteke. Not so sure now.

Status
Not open for further replies.