Status
Not open for further replies.
If we can sell;

Sigurdsson
Iwobi
Gomes
Keane
Mina

For circa £100mil + loads of others out on loan or sold.

I reckon a fair few on this forum could pick 3 or 4 quality players to come in to massively improve the team.

Where Brands will earn his coin is on sales.

I think Goat listed we have 32 first team players.

He must move on 50% of that to take us down to 16 players.

Then we need to sign 3 top quality players to come in and 3 more around 21 to develop.

The buying part i think is easy this summer but we need to get players out the door.

you ain’t getting £20m a piece for them

possibly Gomes, maybe (and a big maybe) Iwobi. other than that its £15m tops with the exception of Gylfi who has the value of a packet of hot and spicy monster munch

you ain’t getting £20m a piece for them

possibly Gomes, maybe (and a big maybe) Iwobi. other than that its £15m tops with the exception of Gylfi who has the value of a packet of hot and spicy monster munch
The more worrying part is I don't even think those are the players the club wants to sell. Maybe only Sigurdsson.

Think the first sales ideally should be:
Bernard: 12m
Gylfi: 13m
Davies: 10m
Kenny: 10m

Gylfi/Bernard help free up big wages and Bernard/Davies/Kenny represent FFP profit to help with the books.

That combined with loans (again) for the Bolasie and Sandro crowd and hopefully permanent sales for the Besic, Tosun, Dowell types might free up the space needed.

Delph probably stays with Baines going plus he provides midfield depth (in theory). Carlo likes Keane and in the right role he plays well enough. Theo survives to provide depth. If the right offer comes in for Mina and we can replace him with a starting caliber player then sell him, if not he stays. Pickford likely sticks around. I’m not optimistic that we can sell Iwobi without hurting the books.

That is ~50-55m in total sales and >500k per week off the books (including Morgan).

Add that to whatever there already was to spend and maybe we have 80-100m to spend and ~500k in wages. It has to enable us to buy/loan starting caliber CM, RM, LM and RB and at least 1, maybe two, bench caliber CMs and possibly a young attacker.

We would have:

Pickford/Lossl
New/Coleman
Mina/Keane
Holgate/Branthwaite
Digne/Nkounkou (Delph)
New/Theo
Gomes/Delph
New/New
New/Gordon
DCL, Richey, Moise
plus Iwobi, Gbamin, Baningme, Ellis, Gibson and the others

The players we should sell this window but won't

Pickford - England number 1
Gomes - Turns up when he can be arsed, but when he turns up he's good.
DCL - Blinded by the purple patch
Keane - Blinded by the confidence boost with empty stands
Davies - Academy scouser
Iwobi - Not been at the club long, and would be an admission of a Marcel board failing.

The players i'm confident we will sell this window

Sigurdsson
Bernard
Bolasie

Last edited:
That last match has given any potential signings a perfect example as to why they shouldn't come and play for us. They'll get fed the "looking to challenge for trophy's" BS, but that's what they'll get every second game.

I don't think it's as bad as people are making out. 3 or 4 quality additions to our side could easily push us into the top 6. There's work to be done but I'm expecting next season to be a huge improvement on this one.

we need more than 3-4 mate ... we have no depth and that is depth to replace our current first team which aren’t even good enough in the first place . Pickford is making a mistake a game ,sidibe is going back and is t good enough , Coleman is our only rb and isn’t good enough , baines has left so we need a LB we need two Cm as siggy , delph , davies should never play cm again and aren’t really good enough to be necnch players at a top 6 club. We have Walcott at RW who is old and crap and have Iwobi as his alternative who is even worse so a RW is needed , same can be said about our lady side of you don’t rate Bernie , I don’t rate DCL and Kean hasn’t showed much promise but I don’t think he will be sold yet.

thats
GK first choice
LB back up
RB first choice
CM first choice
CM first choice
RW first choice
LW first choice
Imo ST first choice

and I think we all can agree that a CB is obviously so where that Carlo seems to want to strengthen

that’s 9 signings just to get us to a competent top team and I’monly talking about Europa league challengers .I’m not counting Gordon in this bit out of everyone that’s played this season only richy and digne are good enough as it stands and gomes possibly if we surround him with better players

Fully expecting some weird USM (or related subsidiary) sponsorship news to come out either this side of the transfer window or once finished to cover the spend. Would love to see half this squad put in the bin but we know how hard it is to shift on high earning dross. Think theres gonna be a big dip into Uncle Unsies pocket to cover things. No way is Carlo Ancelotti going to be starting the season with this bunch of plebs. He will either get heavy investment or he will walk imo.

Edit and first players I hope we bin:
Pickford
Sigurdson
Coleman (i said it)
Walcott

Fellow rejects who I hope get moved on:
Bernard
Davies (loan surely)
Bolasie
Plus the plethora of other gutless weasles we have out on loan already earning mega bucks. Squads a mess.

The players we should sell this window but won't

Pickford - England number 1
Gomes - Turns up when he can be arsed, but when he turns up he's good.
DCL - Blinded by the purple patch
Keane - Blinded by the confidence boost with empty stands
Davies - Academy scouser
Iwobi - Not been at the club long, and would be an admission of a Marcel board failing.

The players i'm confident we will sell this window

Sigurdsson
Bernard
Bolasie
You still have to field a team so while if the right offer came for those guys I wouldn't hesitate to take it, I also wouldn't actively try to sell any of them other than maybe Pickford.

Also the Keane shouts are nuts.

You still have to field a team so while if the right offer came for those guys I wouldn't hesitate to take it, I also wouldn't actively try to sell any of them other than maybe Pickford.

Also the Keane shouts are nuts.
gomes is also quality just has been played out of position, he is not a defensive mid.
Don't think we should be selling players that can actually have an impact like Keane, Mina, Gomes, and DCL (who has clearly improved significantly)

There are other players that need to go first

gomes is also quality just has been played out of position, he is not a defensive mid.
Don't think we should be selling players that can actually have an impact like Keane, Mina, Gomes, and DCL (who has clearly improved significantly)

There are other players that need to go first
I know people love to slate Davies but I still believe that he'd be a solid player in a box to box role. He's not good enough defensively to be a DM, but he isn't horrible either if someone plays behind him, and he isn't a #10, but he can contribute in and around the box if other players are handling the main creative role, so I think he could handle it better than what we get out of him now. That applies to Gomes too and I'm hopeful it could to Delph. Which means to me we should look for a true DM and also hope Gbamin can come back and be one as well and play 4-3-3.

I know people love to slate Davies but I still believe that he'd be a solid player in a box to box role. He's not good enough defensively to be a DM, but he isn't horrible either if someone plays behind him, and he isn't a #10, but he can contribute in and around the box if other players are handling the main creative role, so I think he could handle it better than what we get out of him now. That applies to Gomes too and I'm hopeful it could to Delph. Which means to me we should look for a true DM and also hope Gbamin can come back and be one as well and play 4-3-3.
I hope so. I can see him being a good squad player. playing that far back is not for him for sure, he needs to be looking forward with the ball.

But he’s shown absolutely nothing to show he could be a solid player for us in over a hundred games, he’s been near enough consistently our worst player over the past 3 and a bit seasons, which is some going considering some of the dross we have

Status
Not open for further replies.