Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel like I’m going full Zat but I do think we should be targeting 20-25 year olds who haven’t yet seen the top. At least they’ll have something motivating them and want success.

Dunno, two our worst performers in the last four years are under 25

I find it mad that in these past few years it’s always been the case of a misused squad in the hands of a poor manager and now for the first time it’s the exact opposite. Shocking how we can all see as a fan base that we literally have about 6 PL level players in our squad and people wonder why we finished 12th. Biggest window in the club’s history coming. If we don’t get it right we’re up the creek without a paddle. I’m not saying anything yet but that Watford team that just went down aren’t a much worse squad than ours, especially in certain areas. If we don’t improve massively, we don’t have an especially bright future and I can’t see Carlo sticking around to manage a squad of bums.

I find it mad that in these past few years it’s always been the case of a misused squad in the hands of a poor manager and now for the first time it’s the exact opposite. Shocking how we can all see as a fan base that we literally have about 6 PL level players in our squad and people wonder why we finished 12th. Biggest window in the club’s history coming. If we don’t get it right we’re up the creek without a paddle. I’m not saying anything yet but that Watford team that just went down aren’t a much worse squad than ours, especially in certain areas. If we don’t improve massively, we don’t have an especially bright future and I can’t see Carlo sticking around to manage a squad of bums.

Digne Holgate Mina Branthwaite Gordon Richarlison Calvert Lewin Kean

you could get rid of any of the others and no one would be bothered. Gbamin and Gomes deserve a chance to see what level they return to post injury but the rest really do need clearing out or they suddenly find a lot better form.

Digne Holgate Mina Branthwaite Gordon Richarlison Calvert Lewin Kean

you could get rid of any of the others and no one would be bothered. Gbamin and Gomes deserve a chance to see what level they return to post injury but the rest really do need clearing out or they suddenly find a lot better form.

Mina can go too, can't string 3 games together and he might be a good laugh in the dressing room but I'd rather someone who wants to win stuff than someone who just likes arsing about

Mina can go too, can't string 3 games together and he might be a good laugh in the dressing room but I'd rather someone who wants to win stuff than someone who just likes arsing about

I liked your post but the bloke is definitely a winner as per his South American club games + Colombian matches.

Doesnt need to be serious all the time and on the pitch hes a quality player. However, he is worryingly injury prone.

Id be punting him and Keane pronto...£50-60mil and get in a couple of athletic dominant players like Gabriel.

I don't think it's as bad as people are making out. 3 or 4 quality additions to our side could easily push us into the top 6. There's work to be done but I'm expecting next season to be a huge improvement on this one.
We haven’t signed 3 or 4 quality players in about 7 years. Why do you think that clown Brands will be able to do it now?

We haven’t signed 3 or 4 quality players in about 7 years. Why do you think that clown Brands will be able to do it now?

If we can sell;

Sigurdsson
Iwobi
Gomes
Keane
Mina

For circa £100mil + loads of others out on loan or sold.

I reckon a fair few on this forum could pick 3 or 4 quality players to come in to massively improve the team.

Where Brands will earn his coin is on sales.

I think Goat listed we have 32 first team players.

He must move on 50% of that to take us down to 16 players.

Then we need to sign 3 top quality players to come in and 3 more around 21 to develop.

The buying part i think is easy this summer but we need to get players out the door.

If we can sell;

Sigurdsson
Iwobi
Gomes
Keane
Mina

I reckon a fair few on this forum could pick 3 or 4 quality players to come in to massively improve the team.

Then we need to sign 3 top quality players to come in and 3 more around 21 to develop.

The buying part i think is easy this summer but we need to get players out the door.
You’re mad if you think we can bring anywhere close to £100m in on sales

If we can sell;

Sigurdsson
Iwobi
Gomes
Keane
Mina

Zat we won't get £50m out of that lot.

You’re mad if you think we can bring anywhere close to £100m in on sales
Did the maths myself and was even being generous and came to about 50 mill lol

Sigurdsson we'll be lucky to give him away. He's on huge wages and any club will know we're desperate to offload him. 10m at the absolute top end

Keane is a steady but bang average player and you can get better from lower leagues. He's a bag of nerves at the best of times and no club is paying 20m for him when he's been unable to produce for us. 15m top end for me,more like 10m though.

Mina, injury after injury and has hardly set the league on fire. Any club will look at him and go nowhere near what we paid, and rightly so. I value him due to him being so inconsistent and injury prone at between 10 and 15m.

Iwobi is another where a buying club will know we're desperate to sell and will use that to drive his price down. Doesn't matter what we paid because he's a 10m player at best when you factor in what he'll demand in wages.

Gomes, any club would be stupid to pay more than 10/15m after that injury and with him not having had enough time to show he's over it.

About 50-60m for me for those. Blame Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.