Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anyone honestly say they trust Marcel Brands with this rebuild?

He’s used to buying players for a farmer league and that is the level of team we’ve ended up with.
At least Carlo is his equal we can hope he will have more weight when it comes to who we bring in than Marco blending Silva... I do feel Everton are on a doomed cycle though I hope I am wrong just feels like groundhog day every season. Only one I have any faith in is the manager.

So now with Baines leaving that adds another position to the list areas we really need to strengthen.

I'd say we need to urgently strengthen in all these areas

GK
RB
LB
CM (possibly x2)
RW

We also could do with a centre half. And potentially another option up front.

I just don't see how we can bring in all the players we need. It would cost an absolute fortune. The goalkeeper issue is a complete disaster too because we can't afford to throw a lot of our budget on replacing Pickford, but i don't see how we can keep selecting him.

The manager needs enormous support from the board and DOF but he needs to get what he wants. Brands has to take a back seat and take his instructions from the manager because his track record of signings is not good enough.

The amount of work needed on the squad is truly unbelievable.

We should seriously try and sell the majority of this lot. Carlo’s quote on the squad “for those that stay” sums it up - he knows what’s needed.

I was looking at the poll for who should go first and I literally can’t decide. There’s so many that are equally terrible.

Our ambition will be judged on who we cut this summer as much as who we buy.

We are in a catch 22 situation really - squad needs a major overhaul yet doing so will likely lead to another season of uncohesive football.

I'd like to see us go back to looking at the best talent down in the championship - tired of signing players whose careers are on their way down.

An engine room in midfield has to be the priority for me.

Hopefully Nkounkou is another Branthwaite that can step up and take Baines place.

Also wonder if Gibson could be thrown into the mix at left back? Perhaps someone a bit more of a left sided Moreno Torricelli (remember him at Juventus?) who would be more of a 'defensively solid' player in a flat back 4.

Definitely hope we dont sign anyone, shouldnt block Nkounkous path + Gibson has played on the left before.

Its obvious this will take at minimum 2 windows to sort - but we need at the very least 6 good signings this summer:

1x CM
1xCF
1x RW
1x CB
1xRB
1xGK

4x signings and 2x loans would do me - even then we are relying on Gbamin to get fit and look half decent to justify only bringing in the one CM.

Ancelotti's words at the end of the interview about the players that are staying knowing what's expected on them makes me think (and hope) that there is going to be some serious changes this summer.

We honestly need new starting players in nearly every position, it's bonkers.

Ancelotti's words at the end of the interview about the players that are staying knowing what's expected on them makes me think (and hope) that there is going to be some serious changes this summer.

We honestly need new starting players in nearly every position, it's bonkers.

With the exception of left back, I think you're right.

What’s annoying is that we keep bringing in poor players, our last summer window was shambolic. Delph, Iwobi and, perhaps harshly, Gbamin all added to the list of overpaid hard to get rid of players.

We need a succession of 3 or 4 good windows to get rid of the dross and add some real quality.

Luckily I am convinced Carlo is the man to see us through that period!

We’ll get money back for Gbamin at least if we wanted to sell. He’s played about the same amount as Klaassen did and we somehow got money for him. At least with Gbamin he’s just been injured and not clearly thought of as appalling by successive managers.

Status
Not open for further replies.