Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
This probably won't go down well, but Im happy for her to stay on the board, local woman, relatively successful, good speaker, but as the EITC rep. Lets start getting some serious people in at the top end of the club.

What would Gilvary/Leahy make of this? Brands would have a year to ship up or shape out, and failing that, go and get a David Gill. People would sit up and take notice of that far more than any single signing we could make.
I actually thought Dein would have come here when Moshiri came over. Of course, Ryazantsev is his man on the deals. But that just underlines that DBB is a PR exercise. We need a mega name to make the industry take us seriously.

TBH I don't think he would be the right player for y'all. Not sure he would be able to transform fully into a center midfield role, which is what is needed for you. Also, I think it will depend on if we go down as well (we'll find out in less than 24 hours:zzz:).If we do go down, I think we would do well to get around £50 mil for him.
So I was trying not to jinx us but now that we are staying up, I would hazard a guess that Grealish will be close to the £70-80 mil mark. I think he will be too expensive for you lot (not in that you couldn't afford it, but that you shouldn't spend most of your budget on him).
Good luck today.

Would MUCH prefer you lot to stay up then the other 2 tory scum.
:cheers:

What’s annoying is that we keep bringing in poor players, our last summer window was shambolic. Delph, Iwobi and, perhaps harshly, Gbamin all added to the list of overpaid hard to get rid of players.

We need a succession of 3 or 4 good windows to get rid of the dross and add some real quality.

Luckily I am convinced Carlo is the man to see us through that period!

This time we cannot keep spending on utter gash like Iwobi.

if Carlo has the final say on transfers that gives me a little more confidence as I believe he wouldn’t of sanction a transfer like that.

Hopefully we get our targets In early and not panic at the end of the window and end up with rubbish again

Interesting to see SSN presenters (Thompson’s included so no bias here), absolutely adamant we have no money lol

But seriously we need a complete overhaul. Midfield is pivotal.

Hoping we have been leaking to all that will listen that we are skint. That way when we come to signing Bournemouth and Watford's best players, we won't get stung for 60m for each of them as we plead poverty in the negotiation.

Would put a limit on Brands purchases, maybe 10 or 15 million per player. His focus should be the long term because lets face it, at this point, who would you trust to improve next seasons squad, him or Carlo

Status
Not open for further replies.