Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I doubt they are bothered about a loss on Allan, which is always happening if you spend big on a 29yr old

If he cost the club 40mil on fees and wages and we get 3 great years out of him and he walks away on a free at 32. The club will Probably see it as money well spent

Yeah possibly. I mean you do need the odd experienced head in the squad and this bloke is a real warrior.

As a DM if he can mirror his serie a appearances in the premier league then he may be able to play till hes 33/34 as his positioning will be very good.

There wasn't a single great save in the whole video tbh. That was just a goalkeeper doing his job.

But yeah probably agree on the Pickford thing.
Honestly thats what we need a bog standard shot stopper who can catch a cross and doesnt showboat or piss about with the crowd.

Think it got posted last night but would be all over Weston McKennie if Schalke have to sell. Super versatile, aggressive defender and one of the only USMNT players I actually rate.

Rabiot could be world class and was under Ancelotti before. However, like you say its a risk due to his mother and possibly him as well (though he is supposed to have a good character).

Hes similar to Gomes in terms of build and passing but he can also be a beast in a tackle and can bring the ball forward pretty quickly.

If it worked out then we could have the best DM in the league but who knows...

Allan is top notch in italy and has everything you would want in a DM. The only snag i can see is his age not only in terms of resale but what if he doesnt adjust to the league?

We would have a 30 year old on big wages and could take a big loss on him.

If we signed either you just have to look at them being an Ancelotti signing and he knows both players and both leagues.

If we had both playing well then the centre mid would be very, very hard for opposition teams to get through.
I think we need one of these and someone younger with energy. We need a balance. Currently we just don't have the right balance in there. Allan wouldn't be my choice due to his age and it's a risk coming from Italy where the pace is slower but if Carlo wants him as a leader on the park I trust his judgement, we would still need another option. I just don't know on Gbamin we might not see him in the first team until well into next year and our other options Gomes apart are poor.

Think it got posted last night but would be all over Weston McKennie if Schalke have to sell. Super versatile, aggressive defender and one of the only USMNT players I actually rate.
I don’t know a lot about him, Only what I’ve read and heard other fans taking about his pros and cons. he’s young so has potential to improve.

In this 442 system moving forward. Having powerful, aggressive, fast Midfielders is massively important, but it’s no good if half the time they are winning the ball back, that they’re giving away. So having good technical ability to keep the ball, even if it’s just simple passes, is imperative too.

Lets stick with the raving midget

Ha, I'm not saying not sell him, but bloody fraser Forster, I'm a fan of his, but he's not even good enough for soton, so he's not fit to be our backup, never mind number one, we have to improve on pickford otherwise we're going nowhere.

Thing with Allan is his age is irrelevant really. Look around the league now and you see players like Fernandinho, David Silva and even James Milner still playing their best football well into their 30s. Players are generally more fit and can last longer now with the proper back room staff behind them and attitudes. If we signed Allan for €40m because it is Euroes that they’re asking for so it’s probably like £35m spread out over 4 or 5 seasons I’d have no problem with that at all. I’m all for signing young players but we need some experience too because all we’ve got is Baines who doesn’t play anymore and Coleman who we’ve been looking to replace. Ideally Gylfi would be that but he’s so far off the level we’re looking to be at.

Thing with Allan is his age is irrelevant really. Look around the league now and you see players like Fernandinho, David Silva and even James Milner still playing their best football well into their 30s. Players are generally more fit and can last longer now with the proper back room staff behind them and attitudes. If we signed Allan for €40m because it is Euroes that they’re asking for so it’s probably like £35m spread out over 4 or 5 seasons I’d have no problem with that at all. I’m all for signing young players but we need some experience too because all we’ve got is Baines who doesn’t play anymore and Coleman who we’ve been looking to replace. Ideally Gylfi would be that but he’s so far off the level we’re looking to be at.

Signing a more experienced player here and there is absolutely fine. Not every player needs to be re-saleable.

It's just having that balance we need to be careful of.

Yes as long as he is physically up to the rigours of the league. Look at Delph finished at 29/30 can't even get fit after three months...

Status
Not open for further replies.