Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thing with Allan is his age is irrelevant really. Look around the league now and you see players like Fernandinho, David Silva and even James Milner still playing their best football well into their 30s. Players are generally more fit and can last longer now with the proper back room staff behind them and attitudes. If we signed Allan for €40m because it is Euroes that they’re asking for so it’s probably like £35m spread out over 4 or 5 seasons I’d have no problem with that at all. I’m all for signing young players but we need some experience too because all we’ve got is Baines who doesn’t play anymore and Coleman who we’ve been looking to replace. Ideally Gylfi would be that but he’s so far off the level we’re looking to be at.

Hes 29, he hasn't played anywhere other than Italy and Brazil.

Hes not good enough to play for Brazil, the players you mentioned have played in England for years and have shown they could adapt, the majority of players take time to adapt to this league, by the time he adapts he could be already finished.

Wish people would stop acting like hes an elite player, he's a crapper.

Hes not good enough to play for Brazil, the players you mentioned have played in England for years and have shown they could adapt, the majority of players take time to adapt to this league, by the time he adapts he could be already finished.

Due to being priced out of a move by Napoli. The same reason Koulibaly is still there at 29. Yeah he hasn't played anywhere other than Italy or Brazil but he's very experienced in Champions League/Europa League. And there's no shame in being kept out the Brazil side (still managed 9 caps) while competing with Casemiro, Fernandinho and Fabinho - 3 of the best players about in his position all competing for the same spot.

If we got him in he'd be our best player by a distance. Obviously richarlison still had bags of potential to become better (totally different positions of course) but Allan is a class above anything we've got.

Seen nothing to suggest Ancelotti wants Allan.

IF Brands and Carlo want him, then fine, but as far as I can see its just certain people on the forum.
I’m not sure he fits the profile. Only sign older players if they’re are cheap enough. He’s probably worth more to Napoli so selling isn’t worth it.
if we are spending a wedge it should be on younger players.

He's boss.

Screenshot 2020-07-03 at 17.08.13.png

*waits

I’m not sure he fits the profile. Only sign older players if they’re are cheap enough. He’s probably worth more to Napoli so selling isn’t worth it.
Like Delph
And he’s not even in the Napoli squad. Fell out with Gattuso apparently

That's my opinion, he does look like everything we need, but I'd never heard of him before.

I trust carlo though, he was his manager he'd know if he was the right fit.

Who even knows what goes through gattuso's head tbh. I'm sure he's actually that wrestler rhyno, they both seem the same level of crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.