Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've allowed my head to wander, but wouldn't Gabriel, Tobido, James, Allan be a transfer window!!

Ship out Keane then have four great CB options (Holgate, Gabriel, Tobido, Mina, Gibson, Coleman, Kenny, Digne, Baines)

Ship out Gylfi, Walcott, Schneiderlin and Davies (Allan, James, Gomes, Gbamin, Bernard, Iwobi, Delph, Gordon key mids. Holgate and Tobido also DM cover)

Add one more striker to assist Richie, DCL, Kean (ship out Niasse, Tosun)

Possibly need some more support at RB and RM, but bloody hell wouldn't that lift us.

*violently shakes himself out of it

I've allowed my head to wander, but wouldn't Gabriel, Tobido, James, Allan be a transfer window!!

Ship out Keane then have four great CB options (Holgate, Gabriel, Tobido, Mina, Gibson, Coleman, Kenny, Digne, Baines)

Ship out Gylfi, Walcott, Schneiderlin and Davies (Allan, James, Gomes, Gbamin, Bernard, Iwobi, Delph, Gordon key mids. Holgate and Tobido also DM cover)

Add one more striker to assist Richie, DCL, Kean (ship out Niasse, Tosun)

Possibly need some more support at RB and RM, but bloody hell wouldn't that lift us.

*violently shakes himself out of it
Allan and James in one window is some edge of the cliff stuff but we would be better for at least a year.

They did but Corona made it an untenable option financially.

Rogé is not a reliable source but rumours of Todibo being ushered out to generate sales & fund bigger transfers have lingered throughout his short tenure at the club. Unless he's got a bad attitude or work ethic, nothing that has even been hinted at from watching how he conducts himself on & off the pitch but would be an incomprehensible move. But this is the corporate board of stooges I have to live with atm

For me, he's a genuine star prospect as a central defender - a player that has the profile of a DM & 20M is peanuts. Inter match last fall is a great sample of what he can do - hadn't been playing, in a CL match on the road against an in form Italian side who had to win to qualify for the next round. Outstanding performance

Reminds me a bit of John Stones or how Joe Gomez looked at youth football.

I suspect the 20m will be negotiated down quite a bit I'm afraid mate. Why don't Barcelona just give this guy a run?

Stop it.

I told you, we arent giving Carlo 12m a year to build a team for in 5 years.
That doesn't change the fact that signing two 29 year olds for bigish fees, on 4 year deals, one of whom has never played outside Italy and the other has a checkered injury history, is about the riskiest thing we could do.

It means it could work out great. But it is also Koeman/Walsh levels of a setback if it doesn't.

....like Gabriel, he’s the type of defender we need. They could form an amazing partnership but it would have to mean a clear-out.

Devils advocate here. Keane is on the way out, maybe they have a buyer identified (or more than 1 showing strong interest). In that instance both Todibo and Gabriel can play in midfield too. Holgate can as well, or even at right back. It may be that he is going cheaply, and its just too good a deal to miss out on.

The issue I have, is will he get game time? That's the one issue, as players need to play to progress. Will he come to be 4th choice?

It would be great long term planning to get them both. I also think Holgate is a star in the making and could be a solid fullback. As you say, he plays like he means it.

Status
Not open for further replies.