Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t understand the infatuation with Cantwell and I’ve watched Sangare maybe 3 times. Looked decent but didn’t stand out. Grealish would be great. Hopefully Villa goes down and they have to sell.
Cantwell is a big no from me along with every other Norwich player. The fascination with them despite a likely sub 25 point campaign is getting very strange.

Sangare I have literally never seen play but every time someone runs midfield stats he comes up near the top for doing defensive stuff and getting the ball forward. So I won't lie he intrigues me.

Allan no.

Grealish is the dream.

I don’t understand the infatuation with Cantwell and I’ve watched Sangare maybe 3 times. Looked decent but didn’t stand out. Grealish would be great. Hopefully Villa goes down and they have to sell.
The thing is Allan & Sangare are positions we desperately need. And sangare would be a work in progress type signing. And still need to improve a lot.

But the other 2 are similar what we have. Better in grealish obviously. But number 10’s that will be forced to play wide in a 442. If we had the money to buy a Grealish I would use it to get a top class centre mid or a goal scoring right sided forward .

I thing Sell Bernard abd give Gordon the left hand side role next with iwobi as back up.

I really don't understand people saying Cantwell when Buendia just makes so much more sense than him. He's a right mid, very comfortable in a 442, he's young, creates loads, got a great engine on him and so agressive off the ball.

The thing is Allan & Sangare are positions we desperately need. And sangare would be a work in progress type signing. And still need to improve a lot.

But the other 2 are similar what we have. Better in grealish obviously. But number 10’s that will be forced to play wide in a 442. If we had the money to buy a Grealish I would confusing it to get a top class centre mid or a goal s right sided forward .

I thing Sell Bernard abd give Gordon the left hand side role next with iwobi as back up.
Sangare would have to adjust to the league no doubt but he's been playing first team football since 2016 and internationally since 2015. If you're signing him it is because you believe he can play right away.

Sangare would have to adjust to the league no doubt but he's been playing first team football since 2016 and internationally since 2015. If you're signing him it is because you believe he can play right away.
Well we still have Gomes( big question against him long term) and Gbamin( and a question against him) though Ancelotti seemed hopeful he could be close come the start of next season.

I haven’t seen much of sangare, but apparently hasn’t been great this season and needs to work on his technical game. I don’t see us signing 2 ready made, but who knows

Well we still have Gomes( big question against him long term) and Gbamin( and a question against him) though Ancelotti seemed hopeful he could be close come the start of next season.

I haven’t seen much of sangare, but apparently hasn’t been great this season and needs to work on his technical game. I don’t see us signing 2 ready made, but who knows
If Sangare actually can move the ball up the field he will be playing for Gomes as I'm almost certain he isn't a disaster defensively like Andre has been. Also weirdly we'd have to Ivorians in midfield with him and Gbamin. Doesn't mean much just a bit different.

If Sangare actually can move the ball up the field he will be playing for Gomes as I'm almost certain he isn't a disaster defensively like Andre has been. Also weirdly we'd have to Ivorians in midfield with him and Gbamin. Doesn't mean much just a bit different.
Ideal scenario at the start of 21/22 is to have 4 very good centre mids and maybe a good youngster as 5th choice

I really don't understand people saying Cantwell when Buendia just makes so much more sense than him. He's a right mid, very comfortable in a 442, he's young, creates loads, got a great engine on him and so agressive off the ball.
Looks all right, but I’d avoid both tbh.

I don't hate Buendia as an option and some of the passing numbers are super impressive. The few times I've watched Norwich I haven't seen it so much but something must be happening. And he isn't going to score a lot if at all unless something changes massively about his game. So it becomes a matter of can he be a good enough passer and creator to make that work and does he fit whatever system we plan on settling on and I don't know those answers. I think he's the one Norwich players I wouldn't be completely horrified by signing.

I don't hate Buendia as an option and some of the passing numbers are super impressive. The few times I've watched Norwich I haven't seen it so much but something must be happening. And he isn't going to score a lot if at all unless something changes massively about his game. So it becomes a matter of can he be a good enough passer and creator to make that work and does he fit whatever system we plan on settling on and I don't know those answers. I think he's the one Norwich players I wouldn't be completely horrified by signing.
The lack of goals is a valid question mark over him, but I think he ticks every other box that we're looking for in a wide midfield player, I'd be absolutely made up with him.

He ranks as one of the best ballwinners in Europe this season

Thats quite surprising. Do you think he'd be a good signing for us?

I know you all hate ALL the players, but a Zidane in midfield, a young Cafu at Right back and a Luis Figo TRANSFORMS this team yano.

COYB

Still no pace in central defence apart from Mason.

What you get from Everton is that it's quite chaotic and not the most unified in terms of strategy. You also seem to get the idea, individuals can step in with what they want, at the last minute if the so wish.

You have an owner, who isnt in the board, yet by all accounts was personally lobbying for us to sign a player for a club record fee last summer. We also have a secondary figure, who is a major client and sponsor who meets managers before they ultimately agree to join.

You also have to factor is, Brands and Ancelotti have different roles. It's not in Brands interests to say we have lots of money, especially if he is reneging on deals and trying to negotiate them down. I'm not saying its untrue what hes saying, but he has motive to make out we wont be spending much. It's a sensible strategy even if we have money.

One final point, a prominent fan on twitter said recently the club had asked them to help get the message out. When I pressed him on what message, he confirmed it was in relation to safety and not going to the ground. However the way it was casually mentioned suggests to me people are probably being briefed to get certain messages out, which again is fine. Lots of prominent people are saying we have no money to spend, I would posit the club are asking the to get that message out.

That could be because we dont. Or it might be for a myriad of other reasons.

We will see what the summer brings. Interestingly the toffee TV guys said this week that we might as well just break FFP for a year, take the ban for a year and move forward. It's the first time I've heard them say that.

Seeing as its calculated every 3 years wouldnt we get done for the next 3 seasons OR in 3 seasons time?

The lack of goals is a valid question mark over him, but I think he ticks every other box that we're looking for in a wide midfield player, I'd be absolutely made up with him.

I think we need a goalscorer on the right

Status
Not open for further replies.