Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Esk couldn’t wait could he?

I don’t doubt he knows what he’a talking about but he seems to revel in us being skint.

We aren’t spending £20 Million on that clogger.

Best thing to do is mute him, he hasn’t been the same since the Witsel fiasco. His low point was feeling that he was entitled to be consulted over Silva’s sacking

Reports of interest from us and Arsenal in Stones again. Can’t see Arsenal going for him seeing as they have Saliba, Luiz, Mari, Sokratis, Mustafi, Mavropanos, Holding all on the books and have given new deals to 2 of them.

Id love to have him back. He’s a bit of a tool but he can play no doubt about it. Guardiola works well with the very best defenders (Kompany Puyol, Pique, Laporte) but everyone else has looked pretty poor under him including some very decent players at Bayern and City.

Holgate and Keane have come on leaps and bounds under Ancelotti. Imagine Stones back to his absolute best paired with Holgate. We’d be sorted at the back forages.

I think Stones needs a manager who is going to emphasise and work on the defensive side of his game. It's really worked well for Holgate too. Like Holgate he has enormous ability on the ball, but probably spends too long trying to show that, rather than just focusing on defending first and letting the rest then look after itself.

To some extent I think Stones allowed himself to get stuck in a bit of a bind that he's never really got himself out of. That he needs to prove he's a world class defender by what he does with the ball. Just do the simple things and the rest will sort itself out.

In terms of talent, people well disagree but he's better than Holgate, Keane, Maguire, Joe Gomez or whoever else plays in there, but he is not as focused a them. It's a shame he hasn't really learnt from Laporte.

I'd have him back in a heartbeat though if the deal was right.

Stones spends half his time injured, makes 5 mistakes per game, and then sulks about it. We don't need him, imo. I'd rather someone else wastes their money on him.

I'm hoping we have an Allan and Hojbjerg central midfield next season.

At the time, it could be argued he still had better players in each position and the players ability meant they had to move to play.

I still think Lukaku is not quite at the level of clubs looking to win the CL and PL.
I bet Chelsea would have him back now. He’d easily net 20 goals a season with their creative players.

Reports of interest from us and Arsenal in Stones again. Can’t see Arsenal going for him seeing as they have Saliba, Luiz, Mari, Sokratis, Mustafi, Mavropanos, Holding all on the books and have given new deals to 2 of them.

Id love to have him back. He’s a bit of a tool but he can play no doubt about it. Guardiola works well with the very best defenders (Kompany Puyol, Pique, Laporte) but everyone else has looked pretty poor under him including some very decent players at Bayern and City.

Holgate and Keane have come on leaps and bounds under Ancelotti. Imagine Stones back to his absolute best paired with Holgate. We’d be sorted at the back forages.

Stones needs new legs

story doing the rounds down in brum that pickford is leaving this summer
there is another story linking everton with jack grealish again -

Hes complete garbage.

You have never watched him play, stop falling in love with names and ages.

Yes i have. Go back to bed :)

I think Stones needs a manager who is going to emphasise and work on the defensive side of his game. It's really worked well for Holgate too. Like Holgate he has enormous ability on the ball, but probably spends too long trying to show that, rather than just focusing on defending first and letting the rest then look after itself.

To some extent I think Stones allowed himself to get stuck in a bit of a bind that he's never really got himself out of. That he needs to prove he's a world class defender by what he does with the ball. Just do the simple things and the rest will sort itself out.

In terms of talent, people well disagree but he's better than Holgate, Keane, Maguire, Joe Gomez or whoever else plays in there, but he is not as focused a them. It's a shame he hasn't really learnt from Laporte.

I'd have him back in a heartbeat though if the deal was right.

People say they want players who win...hes played 130 games in the past 4 seasons for the champions and still only 26. Thats 33 games a season (this one hasnt finished yet) since he was 22 for a team with unlimited money.

I think he would be a brilliant signing.

Still prefer Gabriel but not sure why people turn their nose up at stones. Ancelotti would turn him into a super player i think.

Why does the esk think he's entitled to clarify Don Carlos budget comments on twitter?? lol

whats he said?

I think he is pretty good. Far from the finished article but loads there to work with and only a kid still

Agreed...hes like a train down the right.

Ive said before but i reckon he could become world class under the right manager etc

Status
Not open for further replies.