Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

I mean Hojberg is a decent player but....I thought we were staying clear of overpriced PL hype boys. Not like we’ve been stung by them in the past...sigh
He's in the last year of his contract. He shouldn't be that pricey at all.

Don't think he'd be a poor signing at all but who knows

Considering we have literally one central midfielder who’s able to consistently play at a Premier League level in Gomes, and even then he has off games, I’d welcome another team’s captain and someone’s who’s played in the league for years and is still young with Hojbjerg. He’d be a decent inexpensive third choice midfielder. Also if Gbamin is somehow back for the start of next season and is actually able to kick a football we might actually have some options if we bought him as well as Allan or someone like that. Not sure we’ll go out and buy multiple players in the same position again for a while after what happened with Klaassen, Gylfi and Rooney.

Still a clogger.

Haven’t we got enough of them and had enough of them?

One day we will get ourselves a midfielder who gets his foot on the ball and makes things actually happen.
For me he's got the right mix of defensive ability and passing ability to be worthwhile on a cheap deal. I mean he walks in as our best midfielder by leaps and bounds so at 15m I'm ok with that.

Not sold on Hojberg.

If he’s coming in with another CM then that’s fine (Delph should see the door).

If Hojberg is the only midfield recruitment then I’d be mortified.

Can only see us brining one in.

Gbamin: Ball Winner

Delph: Waste of Time

Gomes: Box fo Box (before his injury and could actually run a bit)

Tom Davies: God knows

Sigurdsson: Pointer.

It’s fair to say the last thing we need is someone who runs a lot our lack of ability to control the pace of the game needs addressing

Status
Not open for further replies.