Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
John Stones. FFS. No one obsesses about bringing ex players back like some of our fans do.
I know. Duncan Ferguson aside, has anyone actually been a success when coming back? Jeffers, pistone, gravesen, Donovan, stubbs, unsworth, jo too??? The list must go on even further. I wouldn’t even mind but stones had a few good games and that was it. He was bought for his potential and it hasn’t worked out. If he was any good, they wouldn’t be buying a centre half. It’s the reason they’ve lost so often this season, they’re defence is lacking. And he’s part of it.

Because you're not allowing them the opportunity to do any work, or to change your mind about them. You're harming their future employment chances because they can't stay fit/sharp by training. Training with the kids is usually a punishment for bad behaviour anyway, which can be used as a defence (you had to remove the player from the group because they were disruptive). Anyone training with the kids all season would tend not to have been named in the PL squad, so again you have a solid argument as to why they're not training with the first team. So in short, it's completely different.

So if a player is literally stealing a livingwe cannot remove him from the group? That’s simply not true ... we don’t HAVE to let Sandro play in Spain while we pay him 100k a week, we also don’t HAVE to let him begin and around our first tam either. Also my point was I’d actually make him stay in Liverpool , train hard, cold, wet, dark place , that he hates. Nothing wrong with making him work for hismoney and if he hates England so bad? Take a pay cut and leave .

This makes no financial sense.

it does if it means we offload him , and player like bolasie, Morgan , siggy etc realise that they are committing career suicide if they try and milk the club and look for loans back to their native homeland . We are a soft touch, always have been and it needs to change.

I know. Duncan Ferguson aside, has anyone actually been a success when coming back? Jeffers, pistone, gravesen, Donovan, stubbs, unsworth, jo too??? The list must go on even further. I wouldn’t even mind but stones had a few good games and that was it. He was bought for his potential and it hasn’t worked out. If he was any good, they wouldn’t be buying a centre half. It’s the reason they’ve lost so often this season, they’re defence is lacking. And he’s part of it.
Pienaar? He was still solid for a few years after.

No way Carlo buys defenders that can’t defend. If stones was any good, he wouldn’t be leaving one of the best teams in Europe in his peak years, to move back to the club deemed not good enough for him. Absolute backwards step by a hugely over rated player. Error prone defender that people though would “learn because he’s young”. Well
Now he’s not young, and he’s being sold.....

I think City play such an open system at the back thats why weve seen lots of their big money signings fail.

In an Ancelotti system i think he could be moulded. Only 26 and hasnt played under someone who prioritises clean sheets

So if a player is literally stealing a livingwe cannot remove him from the group? That’s simply not true ... we don’t HAVE to let Sandro play in Spain while we pay him 100k a week, we also don’t HAVE to let him begin and around our first tam either. Also my point was I’d actually make him stay in Liverpool , train hard, cold, wet, dark place , that he hates. Nothing wrong with making him work for hismoney and if he hates England so bad? Take a pay cut and leave .

Winston Bogarde treatment you mean? Train everyday and pjck up a huge salary...

Better to get them playing elsewhere and receive a fee + showcase them for sale

I think City play such an open system at the back thats why weve seen lots of their big money signings fail.

In an Ancelotti system i think he could be moulded. Only 26 and hasnt played under someone who prioritises clean sheets

Winston Bogarde treatment you mean? Train everyday and pjck up a huge salary...

Better to get them playing elsewhere and receive a fee + showcase them for sale
Why would we pay top dollar for a centre half that needs “moulding”
Classic Everton failings. Just go and buy someone who can defend. It’s like buying an injury prone player and then complaining when they get injured. I can see it now, stones making errors and us all on here saying we knew what he was like. If we want good defenders, we need to buy players who are already good defenders. Simple really

Pienaar

Donovan worked both times,Shame we could never make his move permanent.

....young CB Con Ouzounidis has been offered a new contract. I imagine he’s behind Gibson in the pecking order but he’s at an age (20) where he should be getting involved with the first team.

He’s got fine size and athleticism about him which is probably why the club have offered him the chance to stay. Not sure if this impacts any transfer decisions at CB.

....young CB Con Ouzounidis has been offered a new contract. I imagine he’s behind Gibson in the pecking order but he’s at an age (20) where he should be getting involved with the first team.

He’s got fine size and athleticism about him which is probably why the club have offered him the chance to stay. Not sure if this impacts any transfer decisions at CB.

Think Branthwaite will be in before both those??

Status
Not open for further replies.