Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

https://www.[Publication is blackli...d-whispers-about-sensational-everton-reunion/

The Stones things makes sense if Koulibaly goes there.

I think Martinez and Pep have encouraged that side and Ancelotti would be more likely i think to tell him to stick to the basics and let your quality shine through.

Only just turned 26 and still time for Ancelotti to mould him.
Certainly young enough and a very accomplished player but throughout his career we have seen that he likes to play football sometimes a little too much. I think it would be hard to knock that out of him.

If you remember back to when he was first breaking into the team he took a penalty and dinked it over the keeper. There are so many instances of him playing himself out of trouble while the fans nearly wet themselves with fright.

I think he is a midfielder at heart, and could be excellent there in a defensive role.

I think Martinez and Pep have encouraged that side and Ancelotti would be more likely i think to tell him to stick to the basics and let your quality shine through.

Only just turned 26 and still time for Ancelotti to mould him.

A couple of things re Stones, other than him not being that old. Alongside Laporte, he had a 30+ game run where they hardly conceded a goal, never mind lost a game. Obviously a lot of that is down to Laporte, who I see as a more consistent, left footed version of him without the mistakes. However you don't post those sort of stats unless you are very good.

I'd also add, at times Stones has shown fantastic 1 on 1 defensive ability here. I remember him going to Old Trafford and dominating van Persie. Pre season match as well he kept Zlatan quiet (just before he left).

I think he's lost site of a lot of this. I think he tries hard to try and prove he's world class rather than just do the basics. He makes the odd mistake, but he's 6 ft 3, quick, reads the game well. There's probably an issue of focus. As always if the deal was right he would be a good signing.

A couple of things re Stones, other than him not being that old. Alongside Laporte, he had a 30+ game run where they hardly conceded a goal, never mind lost a game. Obviously a lot of that is down to Laporte, who I see as a more consistent, left footed version of him without the mistakes. However you don't post those sort of stats unless you are very good.

I'd also add, at times Stones has shown fantastic 1 on 1 defensive ability here. I remember him going to Old Trafford and dominating van Persie. Pre season match as well he kept Zlatan quiet (just before he left).

I think he's lost site of a lot of this. I think he tries hard to try and prove he's world class rather than just do the basics. He makes the odd mistake, but he's 6 ft 3, quick, reads the game well. There's probably an issue of focus. As always if the deal was right he would be a good signing.
How much would you offer for him. Think it will be a lot of money. It's a no from me

He's won 2 leagues with 100+ points, go to the CL semi finals. He's done alright all things considering.
I think he has been quite inconsistent there. He started off well but has gone downhill. Don't get me wrong if he was available for a decent fee and ancellotti wanted him.thst would be fine. But think city well want big money

Certainly young enough and a very accomplished player but throughout his career we have seen that he likes to play football sometimes a little too much. I think it would be hard to knock that out of him.

If you remember back to when he was first breaking into the team he took a penalty and dinked it over the keeper. There are so many instances of him playing himself out of trouble while the fans nearly wet themselves with fright.

I think he is a midfielder at heart, and could be excellent there in a defensive role.

I really liked Stones when he played for us but under Martinez and Pep hes been asked to show his 'ball playing' and not played under a defensive minded manager.

Ancelotti i think could mould him.

Id be playing him in the same role Coleman has played in the RB / RCB hybrid.

It’s not even as if he’d be back with his mates. Are Baines and Coleman the only players left from his time here?

Keane and Pickford he'll know from England and i reckon hed be pretty happy around DCL, Richarlison and Holgate who seem very positive guys.

If hes fit and Ancelotti can get him playing well then i think he could play the RB/RCB hybrid, CB and also, as @blueblue says a DM role.

Under Ancelotti he should have a new lease of life and still just 26.

Status
Not open for further replies.