Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah this is the most pressing issue right now if we do nothing else we need at least two box to box midfielders with energy and power and who can control possession.
Not just that we some creativity in the middle as well. I just can't be bothered with Gomes tbh (it's nothing to do with the injury) he is just too flaky for me, not only is it 1 goal and 1 assist in nearly 2 seasons but he is just way too slow and gets knocked off the ball way too easily. When he does get it he does'nt seem to know what he wants to do with it. A squad player maybe but i don't see him as someone to build a midfield around, he is far too weak and inconsistent IMO.

Not just that we some creativity in the middle as well. I just can't be bothered with Gomes tbh (it's nothing to do with the injury) he is just too flaky for me, not only is it 1 goal and 1 assist in nearly 2 seasons but he is just way too slow and gets knocked off the ball way too easily. When he does get it he does'nt seem to know what he wants to do with it. A squad player maybe but i don't see him as someone to build a midfield around, he is far too weak and inconsistent IMO.
Yeah the entire midfield needs a rethink. We need power, control and creativity. When was the last time one of our central midfielders scored? It's a very rare sight. And yesterday we couldn't control the game against the bottom of the table team not until Sig came on for a bit anyway.

Yeah the entire midfield needs a rethink. We need power, control and creativity. When was the last time one of our central midfielders scored? It's a very rare sight. And yesterday we couldn't control the game against the bottom of the table team not until Sig came on for a bit anyway.
Been saying for a while that we need 2 box to box midfielders who are strong in the tackle and can pass the ball. Telling yesterday that dcl and kean both went on a run and broke away. When they looked up there was no midfielders around. Dcl ended up shooting timidly and kean won a foul. Our midfield Gomes is slow and ponderous. Iwobi has some speed but looks lost at times. Bernard not up to the physicality. Davies well enough said. Siggy has lost it this year badly
So for me midfield is the main priority before anything else. If we can get cb and a forward even better

Plenty of big names out of contract in the summer. Most out of our reach and the wrong side of 30 (although if it was a season just to get us through I wouldn’t mind)

Edinson Cavani
Giorgio Chiellini
Ryan Fraser
Mario Gotze
Layvin Kurzawa
Thiago Silva
Willian
Jan Vertonghen

Out of that list Gotze is intriguing. Saw him a couple of years ago and he looked the real deal. What’s the deal with him now?
Kurzawa was linked a couple of weeks ago. If Baines leaves could be an option.
I’d take Silva. Holgate would learn so much from him and he’s a leader.

Plenty of big names out of contract in the summer. Most out of our reach and the wrong side of 30 (although if it was a season just to get us through I wouldn’t mind)

Edinson Cavani
Giorgio Chiellini
Ryan Fraser
Mario Gotze
Layvin Kurzawa
Thiago Silva
Willian
Jan Vertonghen

Out of that list Gotze is intriguing. Saw him a couple of years ago and he looked the real deal. What’s the deal with him now?
Issue with Gotze, he was a wonderboy with Dortmund, flopped at Bayern, flopped on his return to Dortmund, and now let the cheeky 17 year old American win his spot. Wouldnt waste our time on him unfortunately.

Edinson Cavani
Giorgio Chiellini
Ryan Fraser
Mario Gotze
Layvin Kurzawa
Thiago Silva
Willian
Jan Vertonghen

Gotze isn't very good

Edinson Cavani
Giorgio Chiellini
Ryan Fraser
Mario Gotze
Layvin Kurzawa
Thiago Silva
Willian
Jan Vertonghen

Id take vertonghen and willian if I had to out of these, other than that the rest are either snakes (Fraser) or would see us as a final pay day and put in as much effort as schneiderlin.

Unless, of course, Ancelotti has evolved and wants anything other than strictly defending from one side of his fullbacks.

Hence my posts on the page before mentioning the impact either type of right back would have on our tactics.

I mentioned it on here the other night, Darren Lewis(for what its worth) from the Mirror mentioned we were one of the clubs looking at him as he wasn't extending his contract.

That could be ideal. He and Silva come in as 2 free agents frees up transfer fees for midfield of course

Status
Not open for further replies.