Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmmm... i get the feeling if he moves to one of the top teams in the league, everybody would change their tune and feel as though we missed out. He was brilliant for Liverpool (premier league)... i can't see why a loan with view to buy wouldn't be a great deal?
He wasn’t brilliant at all. He was the definition of a luxury MotD highlight player and their midfield got way better when they got rid of him and reinvested in other players

Coutinho would be like Ozil at Arsenal but without the good patch as Arsenals set up actually favored Ozil. Deffo the type to down tools.

He is a luxury player which we cannot afford at the moment. Need a DM and a Box to Box

Spending 60 mil on a luxury flop would be make me really question Brands.
Liverpool bought him for something like £8m.
Sold him for £140m.
Used that money to buy VVD and Allison.
I know who done the better business in those deals.
I wouldn’t touch him.

Out of all of the players whose contracts expire over the next year, it is only Sidibe and Walcott we need to actually have replacements for (with Kenny being the replacement for Sidibe, or we sell Kenny to finance that replacement).

We need to sell Dowell if we can (and if we don't think he is going to make it) as it would all be pure profit from an accounting perspective.

I would also be looking to sell Baningime (expires 2022) if at all possible, for the same reason as Dowell.

If possible, we need to move Bolasie and Besic on, but I don't think it is realistic unfortunately.

Contracts about to expire:

Stekelenburg
Martina
Garbutt
Sidibe
Niasse

Contracts expiring next year:

Walcott
Bolasie
Besic
Dowell

Well considering Messi is likely to sign a new contract worth a million a week, 25m would only pay off half his wages. :D
In all seriousness Coutinho for a year on loan wouldn’t be the worst deal in the world, if he could recapture his RS form. But as I’ve alluded to earlier in the thread I’m not sure how he’s fit in, in Ancelotti’s favoured 4-4-2.

And his RS form was not much either, his stats were never great, just backed heavily by RS infested media, worse than all 3 of their current attackers.

I thought the £25m would just be a loan fee, not wages too.

And his RS form was not much either, his stats were never great, just backed heavily by RS infested media, worse than all 3 of their current attackers.

I thought the £25m would just be a loan fee, not wages too.

They changes his position and worked him into their midfield and he was having more of an influence over 90 minute.

Coutinho on a loan would be a fantastic signing. Would immediately become one of, if not the best, players in the squad. A proper flair player, a superb upgrade on Siggy if we could boot him.

If it's a loan ok, but tbh the lad has failed everywhere he's been except for Liverpool. Rather have Everton Soares he will come cheaper. Would be amazed if Coutinho would co m e to us after playing for the sh liverpool, surely we couldn't afford his wages.

If it’s only 2m why not disclose it? As I said earlier they must be paying the full amount on the last year of his wages.
No need to i suppose.
I think we will be doing a fair bit of business while most wont and with the pandemic hitting football in a big way and ffp being postponed til next season it makes sense to be doing your business in an undisclosed way.
Some clubs are making massive cutbacks due to loss of revenue. , it wouldnt look too good if we were seen to be splashing the cash .
Just my take on it tho fwiw.

Status
Not open for further replies.