Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we could sell iwobi for 20 mil and use that for zaha

I think we'd be too busy celebrating to have time to buy anyone lol

Right OK. That's not what I meant.

I was thinking that if Nkounkou was on the bench rather than Kenny, he would have had to come on in the event if an injury. Same with Gordon possibly. Rather than do that he kept them out of the squad so they were completely fresh for the cup game. I think he wants to have another look at them together against Fleetwood. They are both teenagers and still developing so possibly didn't want them playing 2 games in quick succession.

Yeah thats what i was trying to say as well. Were in agreement ;)

Didn't he play ok. Then when we were linked people watched a televised game and he was terrible. I don't watch German footy so hopefully others will know if he is any good
I don't really know this lad, but I've just watched a video and he looks like what we need to cover until Holgate is fit again. He isn't left sided, but he is strong, very quick and athletic. I'd take him on loan for 12 months if nothing else is available.

But I've seen a lot of stuff on here saying we need to stay well clear. what's the thinking behind that guys?

Very highly rated in France, Toulouse wanted to extend his contract to make him their highest ever paid player. Meant to have been far higher rated than Saliba (for example) who Arsenal signed for big money last year.

Hes a fixture for France u20s and we know how good those French centre backs are.

Barca and a host of other top sides came in for him -- chose barca.

Made his debut (from memory) at defensive midfield and was fine. Decent passer.

Played against Inter in the champions league and had Lautaro Martinez (Inters superstar forward) in his pocket all game. Got motm award i think.

Went to Schalke on loan. Barca fans werent happy.

Won player of the month for Schalke before the restart in germany.

After the restart the team looked terrible (including Kenny) and got beaten by Dortmund where he looked poor and went off injured after a bit of elbows with Haaland. Then injured for the last games (think he came on another game and then same injury again)

Problem with him is that hes 20 and has hardly played...toulouse only 10 games, a handful for Barca and Schalke.

Quick, athletic and a great passer...only weak point i can see is thar he tends to dive in which comes with experience.

I reckon he could make a decent CB / RB or DM myself. Would need time to adapt and alot of coaching but very high potential.

Didn't he play ok. Then when we were linked people watched a televised game and he was terrible. I don't watch German footy so hopefully others will know if he is any good
It wasn't just one game, I saw him play 4 games for Schalke at the end of last season and believe me he was awful, no wonder Barcelona want to get rid of him.

Is there any decent left footed CB available at the moment. I would happily take one in his early 30 ls if it was just a one or two year contract. Either needs pace or to be an excellent organiser/reader of the gane.

We need a new CB for the first team, like Gabriel was going to be, not a back-up for someone that isn’t good enough themselves, like Mina.

We need a new RB for the first team as well. Someone that is capable of whipping a cross in just like Digne and Baines have been capable of doing so. Coleman can’t do that! Even on the few occasions that he does get the ball in the box it’s done in a poor fashion, it’s never whipped in like a Baines or Digne cross.

I acknowledge that funds are not infinite, but I see the “we can’t afford” line continuing to be mentioned. Who says we ‘can’t afford’? The Esk?

Status
Not open for further replies.