Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nonsense from HTC about us being interested in Bale. For a club in a serious FFP situation I can’t see us going anywhere near him given his wages. Even if Madrid subsidised them it would still be way too much.
Going by that statement I assume you have seen the full up to date accounts.
Would you care to state just how bad things are.
Are they Esk levels of bad (we will not sign James Allan or Doucoure bad )or just bad.
Failing a reply I will trust the judgement of our billionaire owner and his billionaire accountant and front man

Walcott - will remain part of the squad and be released next summer
Bolasie - will remain part of the squad and be released next summer
Delph - hampered by injuries. Age and reported wages will make him difficult to sell
Sandro - can only hope a Spanish club take him on loan again. The memory of Steve Walsh is strong here
Besic - may get a Championship loan before he's released and has to settled for a quarter of the wage we paid him elsewhere
Davies - won't go anywhere, will remain a squad player and be given every opportunity to develop
Jonjo - who knows? If Ancelotti likes him, he'll stay and will compete. If not, I'm sure there will be suitors.
Gylfi - will remain a squad option, may negotiate a move to the MLS in the January window if not, see Walcott/Bolasie
Iwobi - is part of the squad, will be given every opportunity to play on a rotation basis.
Bernard - is part of the squad, will be given every opportunity to play on a rotation basis.
Kean - is part of the squad, will be given every opportunity to play on a rotation basis. We CANNOT play the same XI every week, you need a deep squad.
Braithwaite - will probably remain at the club to learn, loan a possibility in January
Gibson - sure the club will look to loan him out once more to the highest level possible, will be make or break for him this time.

All 100% conjecture obviously. We can't just "sell everyone" as we still need most of them to form a squad, and thanks to Walsh/Koeman there is little market for them due to their wages.
Pretty much it.

I think Delph will want a move as he will not be happy with sitting on a bench. If he can find a club to take him, and there are rumoured to be suitors, I think he will leave. Same with Walcott and Bolasie. Their agents will be trying to manufacture moves for them if possible and I think we will make it easy for them to leave pricewise.

If we bring in a right back I believe Kenny will go and there will be suitors. If we bring in a CB I believe Gibson will be loaned. Otherwise both will stay.

Everybody else will be staying. We will have a squad of around 28 which will include 4/5 under 21s and enough home grown players to not break any rules. That's probably a 2/3 players too many but you don't know how many injuries we are going to get.

Are they Esk levels of bad (we will not sign James Allan or Doucoure bad )or just bad.
Failing a reply I will trust the judgement of our billionaire owner and his billionaire accountant and front man
They are we are not paying Gareth Bale €500,000 a week bad. And I most certainly do not claim to be an expert in the club’s finances, just seeing what’s been in the media previously coming from our own DoF that we need to sell a few players to reduce the wage bill. Perhaps the choice of words could have been better but the point is still valid; we would not pay Bales Wages or even half thereof.

Last years published accounts showed a club spending 85% of turnover on wages.
We have reduced the wages through Baines, Schniderlin, Niasse, Martina and Stecklenberg leave, but this is cuttently offset by a whole pile of players returning from loans. Besic, Bolasie, Tocsun plus the new signings. At this point, we must be above the 85%.
We have a wealthy owner, but even he will lose his fortune if we keep losing one hundred million a year,
The transfer fund this year must have been created by the USM sponsorship, because we had very little headroom To spend otherwise. We also had to pay off another Silva and his team, so there’s another few mil to find,
I know they’re wealthy, but they’re not stupid, and as has been pointed out several times on here before, Bale got Carlo sacked So their relationship will be poor. Why would he briNo him in?

Status
Not open for further replies.