Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

no #3 shirt allocated with Niels being given #18 read anything into that? It was stated at the time he was bought for the future and not as an immediate backup for this season. Carlos response to the backs positions in the presser was more being respectful to current players than anything else, still think we are looking for backup LB and CB and starting RB.

Keane is fine if we play in a deep line.

Doesn't matter about players running at him with pace, if he's deep he's a good one-v-one defender.

It's if he's exposed on the turn that the issues come. Obviously as we want to play a high line in most games (you'd imagine) this is gonna be an issue, which is why we need a defender with pace in there.
Also, apart from odd individual players like Varsity and Zaha, the league isn't blessed with exceptional pace outside of the top 6, so in the majority of the games we'll be looking to play a high line we won't be over exposed.

Against the better teams I think it makes sense to defend a bit deeper anyway and try and hit them on the break

I genuinely do not want Zaha. My next player in would be a left footed centre back if he can also cover left back even better. A left footed winger would be the next thing to look for. Right Back and Left Back, then a new Goalkeeper and Striker would be brought in before I would even consider look at bringing in yet another right footed winger who plays on the left.

Status
Not open for further replies.