Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would like to see Bernard moved on. Contributes very little and can’t last more than 60mins. At least Walcott has pace.
I see him as a Leon Osman type of player. Rubbish on the wing but more effective in a central position. I think he’d do well with more physical, combative players around him. Hopefully this season we’ll see the best of him.

And Keane was the best player second half of the season but that doesn't matter to you.

Weird.
9 games.

But my point still stands.

Well it doesn't does it because 9 games isn't half the season, it's less than a quarter of a season.

We also only kept 3 clean sheets after the break, one of them was against one of the worst ever premierships teams.

Keane is the worst out of the 3 senior centre backs.

Keane is fine if we play in a deep line.

Doesn't matter about players running at him with pace, if he's deep he's a good one-v-one defender.

It's if he's exposed on the turn that the issues come. Obviously as we want to play a high line in most games (you'd imagine) this is gonna be an issue, which is why we need a defender with pace in there.

I’d be very surprised if we didn’t get a RB in. That’s a huge position for me. Coleman and JJK, what I’ve seen of the latter, are not good enough in a game now where full backs are becoming more important. A Digne on the other side is literally twice the threat.

Kenny needs to go if a RB comes in. Whether that's before or after, but he needs to go, either loan or sold.

How do you feel about Kenny getting the 2 shirt?

If we play James centrally, which 4 wide players would you keep?

Doesn't really bother me re. Kenny, Zat. Good for him to get a proper number. Don't think it impacts him going at all (or staying).

Well, if we count James as a central player, in my book we only have 4 wide players anyway mate (Walcott, Bolasie, Iwobi (better central), Bernard), 5 at a push if you include Gordon.

Iwobi isn't fit. Bernard is iffy and doesn't always appear to be favoured by Carlo. Gordon has talent but is lightweight and can't be expected to play all season. Bolasie tries hard and is direct but bless he's tosh and I'm sure he will be sold if we can sell him. If not he'll probably stay just as an option and cos nobody will pay his wage. Walcott - who I'm sure most would gladly sell, including me - is probably our best 'wide' player who actually is a winger.

So I think we clearly do need another wide player in. The only one I'd say to let go now, as the squad stands, is Bolasie, because the other 3/4 are all needed at least until a wide player (with pace and a real, proven goal threat) comes in.

Im embarrased if we start JJK behind JR... imagine the horror on Hames face when JonJoe hits him full whack in the side of the face with a short throw
It'll be shades of Carlo's "WHO??" moment in the presser about garbutt.

CA: "Right James, you'll be linking with Jonjoe to attack down the right today"
JR: "... who?"

Status
Not open for further replies.