Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, ive not posted 10 players over 21 have i...

2 over 21 keepers
10 over 21 outfield players
1 under 21 keeper
10 under 21 outfield players

Whats 2 + 10 ?

Is it 10? Or is it 12 ?

Oh you’re trying to say you literally didn’t say it on the technicality of whether we include keepers or not?

Well let me tell you something, 12 players over 21 including keepers is still MAD and would have us instantly relegated. I guarantee you can’t find one squad in all of the top five European leagues with that few players over 21, nevermind one with any modicum of success

We have missed out on target 1 - Gabriel

Target 2 we assume is Tomori

The further we go down the list the likely worse the player they are hence we may or may not bother signing a CB in the first place.

Stones on loan as cover/rotate with Holgate is more than good enough.

Unless you genuinely think we are gonna be loaning Koulibaly or Van Dijk.
We have 3 defenders I think can defend better than Stones. They're not as gifted in the back, but they can defend to a degree. Adding Stones wouldn't make sense. There are other promising defenders like Tomori we should gamble on.

We have 3 defenders I think can defend better than Stones. They're not as gifted in the back, but they can defend to a degree. Adding Stones wouldn't make sense. There are other promising defenders like Tomori we should gamble on.

Which is all well and good except Lampard doesnt want him to go out on loan...

He will be knocking on Frank's door when he doesn't start the next three games.

Agree with that but its a risk after Zouma to be waiting around imo. They burnt our fingers last time so I would hope we tell them where to go and move on to other targets.

I honestly would rather spend funds elswhere - unless we have the funds for a top drawer CB we have enough to see us through this season imo. A loan would be decent but not that fussed tbh.

RB & CF are the positions most in need of investment.

Agree with that but its a risk after Zouma to be waiting around imo. They burnt our fingers last time so I would hope we tell them where to go and move on to other targets.

I honestly would rather spend funds elswhere - unless we have the funds for a top drawer CB we have enough to see us through this season imo. A loan would be decent but not that fussed tbh.

RB & CF are the positions most in need of investment.

Need a keeper far more than a striker.

What we've got to be careful what is wanted, getting too many in at once eh that's what we have done before, people saying we need players here and there, yes we do but you have to see how we're playing and slot players in each transfer window.sorry but I think patience again needed on other areas of the park is the sensible way.

We have heard that Gabriel was over for a medical at FF in February(which really makes no sense)
Since then Gibson had a highly successful spell at Fleetwood and Branthwaite showed his potential in our own first team.

It maybe that management decided we didn't need to spend a lot of money on aa long term replacement because we already have those. Instead we need a short term solution for this season to allow Gibson and Branthwaite to further progress on loan.

We then could spend our transfer money in other areas.
Ivanovic 1 year contract until we identify the better long term solution. No point wasting transfer money and years of wages on a stop gap, ie Zouma

Ivanovic 1 year contract until we identify the better long term solution. No point wasting transfer money and years of wages on a stop gap, ie Zouma
he's 36, no thank you, Unless it's someone like Thiago Silva or a world class defender who is old then I would agree but Ivanovic doesn't fit that.
The long term solution is brute forcing Gibson or Branthwaite and seeing if they swim or drown.

If Holgate didn’t get injured I doubt we’d be after a CB. Without him we’re left without “senior” backups to our starters but I do wonder where Gibson and Branthwaite fit in. One is obviously 4th choice but do we also keep the other around as 5th and play with the U23s?

Feel Gibson should be given the chance as he’s getting a bit old to keep going out on loan and his chance might be gone come next summer but then again Branthwaite showed his ability the end of last season.

In an ideal world I’d keep both at the club and rotate them unless Gibson can’t impose himself on the first team which would be a shame. Also bringing anyone in kind of blocks both of their pathways so I really only see us going for someone we think won’t mind not playing much or else someone who we think could be a future addition to the squad.

Think Tomori on loan fits both of these, won’t be first choice but if he plays and does well could fairly easily be bought. I would feel bad for the 2 young lads though, they along with Simms are probably the only 2 close to getting any sort of minutes with the first team this year but they play the same position and both need their game time.

Whatever CB comes in has to have pace. It's why Tomori is ideal.

Right-back will be nice. Will rumble on until the end of the window and probably depend on a move for Kenny.

I think a wide player is the next target to buy and that'll allow us to shift Walcott and/or possibly Bernard if there's interest.

GK as back up/competition probably on the list.

Will be surprised if anything is done before the last 9-10 days of the window now though.

Status
Not open for further replies.