Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Benrahma isn’t good enough for where we want to be
That's debatable. He's unproven, it doesn't mean he isn't good enough. He was one of the stand out players from that league last season.
I think he's good enough to go into our current team and with better payers round him - who knows what he can do?
That's why I compared him to Mahrez. Who would have said he would become so good. Or Kante?
Not every brilliant player comes from a brilliant team. The majority work their way up the footballing ladder.
And your point about him not being good enough for "where we want to be" all depends on where you think we should be as a club.
If you're going to say that we want to be winning titles (which I'm sure we all want) then the vast majority of our players aren't good enough.

I see Moyes is offering £30m for Tarkowski, even he ditches doing proper scouting for gems when he's got money and that's a shame because doing his due diligence and dithering got us some bloody good lads in, only ever a striker short of doing something I reckon.

Hope we get another big name, how exciting

Not knocking the idea of Benrahma but he's 25, as opposed to Zaha who's 27. They're hardly at different ends of their career. Think there's a tendency to sometimes think everyone who we're not familiar with must be a kid breaking through.
My opinion is that I've seen Zaha play in the Premier League and personally I'm not a big fan.
With Benrahma, I haven't seen him play in the Premier league but I have watched an awful lot of him the Championship and he ripped it up.
He was outstanding. Both goals and assists!
I am familiar with him and the age issue doesn't even come into it really for me as they both have many years ahead of them.
I just feel Benrahma is a player on the up whereas Zaha is more like a player on the down. He's had his chance to shine, Benrahma hasn't.
That is why I would go for Benrahma out of the two.

My opinion is that I've seen Zaha play in the Premier League and personally I'm not a big fan.
With Benrahma, I haven't seen him play in the Premier league but I have watched an awful lot of him the Championship and he ripped it up.
He was outstanding. Both goals and assists!
I am familiar with him and the age issue doesn't even come into it really for me as they both have many years ahead of them.
I just feel Benrahma is a player on the up whereas Zaha is more like a player on the down. He's had his chance to shine, Benrahma hasn't.
That is why I would go for Benrahma out of the two.
That's all fine, it's just that you mentioned him as a reply to a post which was specifically about getting in a younger player, so it seemed worth pointing out that he's not that much younger. The prices quoted are way too high for me for a player who's basically had one good season in the second tier at the age of 25. Not saying he couldn't step up and be good but if he didn't you immediately see his value plummet by about 70%. It would be a big risk.

I see Moyes is offering £30m for Tarkowski, even he ditches doing proper scouting for gems when he's got money and that's a shame because doing his due diligence and dithering got us some bloody good lads in, only ever a striker short of doing something I reckon.

Hope we get another big name, how exciting

The problem is, Gold and Sullivan do most of their transfers.

Soucek was Moyes and a really good buy. As was Bowen. THank christ he came in for them, as what they bought before was hideous.

Calciomercato, but an interesting link. Went for the obligatory YouTube video (I know). Lad is fast and can dribble. It's a yes from me - which I'm sure carries weight at boardroom level.

Other than not being Portuguese (although that is probably the language he speaks) this looks like a classic Wolves type of player.

Still no new Todibo link for a while considering we lodged an alleged bid a month ago.

A lot has happened at Barcelona in the past month with Messi, Koeman, President infighting and of course Todibo testing positive for Covid.

Perhaps Moonhead wants to have a look before deciding but worth keeping an eye on

Christensen totally wrong profile though, ultimately.

We need a CB with pace. Ideally left-footed or left-sided (Tomori is right footed but plays on the left side of defence).

Christensen doesn't have that recovery pace.

That reminds me that as I was driving into work this morning I saw an RAC man sat in his van crying his eyes out.

I thought "he's heading for a breakdown".

Status
Not open for further replies.