Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure I get this getting rid of Walcott. Our best right winger .. frustrating at times but still contributes and his pace causes issues... sell everyone on those lists and we’ll need to buy two RW let alone just one

last year of contract iirc. That would be the primary reason

I think not if DCL and Richy keep the pace of improving and Kean can get involved with some goals, and the midfield should hopefully score more this season.

I would be looking for a right back next
Worth pointing out too I imagine with a better midfield our attackers will get a lot more chances (hopefully)

Good analysis. Unfortunately though we would actually miss Walcott, as currently he’s the only one we have, bar Bolasie. I’d actually happily sell Walcott and have Bolasie as back up for the last year of his deal if it means getting a new RW in. I’d like us to take a punt on someone such as Benrahma rather than go the Zaha route.

Doubt Davies will leave as he’s probably on low wages and won’t mind sitting on the bench too much. Would give Kenny at shot at RB too to be honest. Delph and Sigurdsson should be shown the door. Bernard I like, but for FFP reasons he can comfortably be sold. The rest aren’t worth talking about as they should all go as soon as Brands can find someone daft enough to take them. Can add Baningime, Pennington, Virginia and Connolly to that list too.

It's Walcott's age/wages that are a concern for me, his fitness is hit and miss at best but I've said a few times before on here that I think we play better when he's on the pitch.

Benrahma looks a real talent and I saw £20m touted as the fee they'd want for him.

Kenny could end up being a good solution at RB but it's a bit of an unknown at the moment. The rumours that we were in for Arias makes me think the club aren't convinced but we'll see!

Sales are huge now to keep finances in good shape - there's many that will hopefully be out the door in the next 6 weeks.

I really don’t think we can judge Kenny until he’s been given a run of 10 games or so. I can’t say I’ve got enough evidence so far to judge him either way.

I doubt that we’ll play 4-4-2 based on the pre season games, where we’ve played 4-3-3. Not remotely bothered if Davies leaves as he’s not good enough I just can’t see the club being in a hurry to punt him. If Rich and Gordon are fighting it out for the left spot we would definitely need a RW, though be happy to move Rich there in the interim.
We will see regarding formation, we’ve only had 2 friendlies, seems strange he stuck with 442 fir the most part, after lockdown.

I think Richarlison needs to play closer to the top end of the pitch, because of his willingness to work hard at times he drops to deep when on the left. And becomes less effective.

And I’f we buy a RW then we are basically stuck with that formation, with James as 10 for the next 3yrs. With all the rumours of us wanting a wide player, maybe your right.

The other system we could play is a diamond in midfield, which Would suit James at the top and wouid keep Richarlison up front. Would also probably suit Allan, who’s mainly played the right side in a 2 or 3. Maybe Doucoure left and eventually Gbamin sitting.

A quality attacking RB would be needed for this system and maybe another striker, again there’s been links to forwards.

will be interesting to see who we target next.

But if he sits on our bench while Branthwaite and Gibson are getting quality minutes under their belt for a Fulham or the like... result, right?
I guess. I kind of doubt he wouldn't play all year. Holgate is already hurt and neither Mina nor Keane featured in the last friendly. Plus Tomori could be really good, he's got the potential, so we might just be using him because of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.