Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nonsense. He was playing the roll he was given by about 5 managers. He was not there to score, he was there to stretch defences, and be a nuisance which he did very well. He was a teenager often up against 2 top top defenders on his own. Makes me laugh when people just cannot see this.

Is that why he missed so many chances ? Because he was told he’s not there to score ? He’s had a 10 game spell In 4 years That’s not up for debate

I never said he takes all his chances, but no striker does. He has come on massively from the season before, (when he scored 6 or something) and if he improves again going into this season, under the guidance of Carlo and an actually good midfield behind him, taking away his need to track back and do quite so much work, he is likely to score more and be a bit more clinical.

He is a young player, and replacing him now is far from a priority when there are other gaps in the team.
Can't see we're I said you had said that regarding him taking all his chances but never mind and he did I agree improve his goalscoring record but he had a purple patch of 10 games so what did he actually do in the other 28 plus cup games hopefully the main problem of sorting out the midfield as been addressed with Daucoure signing as well so I see a centre forward as being one of them gaps that needs an upgrade plus right back and a pacey winger.

Got give him a chance with some decent midfielders behind him, him and richarlison have been playing off scraps for 12 months. Never know it might just click for him.
hats Carlos problem
Might is not good enough in the time frame he has
He needs as near as cam be guaranteed success in the short term
Hence proven operators in Allan ,James .Doucoure
I expect 2 more to come in to the starting 11

It's that right side really, if we get a quality right winger and right back we'd be a really exciting team and could do a Leicester of last season - it's not like their team is miles ahead of ours now.

View attachment 100488

Realistically we have three obvious areas of improvement - right wing, right back, and competition for Pickford.

There's a stack of players that could be sold without being missed:
Kenny
Bernard
Bolasie
Sandro
Delph
Walcott
Sigurdsson
Tosun
Besic
Lossl

It's obvious that Ancelotti wants to compete NOW, rather than in two or three years. Getting rid of the above and replacing with three would leave us with a big enough squad with a perfect balance of quality/experience/potential.

They've already shown how ruthless they want to be by replacing the entire midfield - if we want to get anywhere we'll need to be ruthless elsewhere too.

I agree that it's the right hand side that still needs significant improvement, as I don't see Rodriguez playing as RM. I think he will play the number 10 role, which effectively means Richarlison will be used as the left mid and not as a striker in the main. I think Walcott is worth keeping and can play the RM tole fairly well but we need better, someone more powerful with pace.

Right Back needs massive improvement; a right sided version of Digne, basically. Coleman isn't good enough, and Kenny is even less so. A purchase or a loan is really needed in that position. The Pickford situation is a nightmare and I think we will be lumbered with him. Maybe we will get a loan as a 'second choice', who will be used should Pickford inevitably make a load of clangers, but this second choice won't be top quality.

Is that why he missed so many chances ? Because he was told he’s not there to score ? He’s had a 10 game spell In 4 years That’s not up for debate
Exactly pal a purple patch of 10 games in how many and the way some of our supporters rave about him you would think he's Messi in his prime I can think of at least 15 better strikers I need the premiership than him.

Failing to see the reason to sign Zaha. He’s a decent prem player but he doesn’t deliver a right lot.

living more on reputation now IMO.

It was only the season before last that he got 10 goals and 10 assists. He sulked for a fair bit last season.

His main position is left midfield though, and we already have too many of them as it is. We need a new right midfielder, not another left midfielder.

It was only the season before last that he got 10 goals and 10 assists. He sulked for a fair bit last season.

His main position is left midfield though, and we already have too many of them as it is. We need a new right midfielder, not another left midfielder.

That’s one season in his whole career ... Beattie scores 25 league goals for saints once .. look how that planned out.

We need a keeper, just had a Gunner tell me that we're still mid table team despite Allan and James because we have Pickford in nets, well he called him something different, so it seems everyone is noticing his fall from grace.

This point can't be emphasised enough. With Ancelotti, Hamez and to a lesser degree Allan at the club it sends out a clear signal.

The Witsels, Matas, Koulibalys, and Pepes of this world will be made that much easier to get across the line.

Let's just hope our pot of gold is as deep as we hope it is.
Uncle Uzzy has a sly little grin on his face reading the last part of that

Capture.PNG

even more reason not to sign him.

Status
Not open for further replies.