Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...ge-Watford-midfielder-Abdoulaye-Doucoure.html

Sorry if posted, maybe we can get rid of bolasie in part exchange
Is it just me?
20200829_082456.jpg

There are like 4 clubs in the world max that don't sell to bigger clubs. When the offers come you have to be able to sell and reload.
Selling our stars isn't the problem, it's an unfortunate circumstance of not winning stuff and not being at the top end of the league.the problems start when you are not replacing with as good or better. You need to be smart in the market, which is where Brands comes in, it just looks like everyone has got their fingers in Brands pie currently.

Good points mate, personally speaking I think there are positions where you don’t [Poor language removed] around, or hang your hat on potential, Keeper, centre half and central midfield, don’t get me wrong it’s fine to have young players in those position to come in develop and mature to senior, but you do need nous and expierence. Stating the obvious, we have lacked that and particularly, composure, leadership, nous, resilience and fight. I’m wholly on board with signing quality/experience, it will make such a difference. Im not sure it’s bad value either, Allan, James, Doucoure could all be here for the next 4-5 years for 75 mill, would you pay 5 mill a season for them, you prob would.

Id differ in I think we have gems that I think will match or eclipse Richarlison, Kean I think is more naturally talented, DCL could fetch a good fee if his star continues to rise, Gordon looks brilliant, Branthwaite looks an England captain in the making, Holgates fee would be 10s of millions. Thats just at the moment and we are building constantly. We have plenty of gems in my opinion that will bring good money in. I’m not worried on that score. What we lack is good expierenced players to lead them, teach them to win, impose themselves and win games.

I keep hearing about Allan and Doucoure and being 28/28. I think people forget that Gbamin is only 24, Davis will be 26 when Allan is 33/34. Both will benefit from the older pair. Then there is Onyango who many expect to be a top player.

Imagine being Anthony Gordon and learning from Jamo Rodriguiz.

I actually think buying expierence right now is crucial in our development and the development of our young players, it’s exactly what we need.
Totally agree with this. Experience is invaluable to the young lads and even more so when it's the quality of James and Allan, more than just football as well, how to conduct yourself and train properly. Exciting times hopefully. Good post mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.