Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Theres a line of thinking that it doesnt come off till PP is approved.

I dont subscribe to it myself, I think it comes "off" when spent personally.
I agree when spent or whenever reported in accounts. It defo doesn't get included in FFP calculations. From what I've read it is specifically excluded.

Regardless of when the various reinforcements arrive they will still take time to blend into team. It isn’t a case of just dropping them in and hey presto you have a top 6 team.
I do think some people have unrealistically high expectations for the coming season.
Even with the new recruits I don’t expect we will begin to see signs of sustained improvement until the second half of this season at least.
Happy to be pleasantly surprised though.

Regardless of when the various reinforcements arrive they will still take time to blend into team. It isn’t a case of just dropping them in and hey presto you have a top 6 team.
I do think some people have unrealistically high expectations for the coming season.
Even with the new recruits I don’t expect we will begin to see signs of sustained improvement until the second half of this season at least.
Happy to be pleasantly surprised though.

I always say that it will take MOST players and teams 6months+ to adapt.

Inappropriate Language
Agree and think we need an injection of winning mentality so no probs with ages of Allan and Hamez, Doucoure although no experience in winning is someone we need as our midfield is a shoiteshow so again no probs on age but think we should be looking at younger for other positions like rb instead of Arias even hearing others talking Josh King up front. If we're targeting all 28/29 there's no resale so no more Richardson windfalls to reinvest if we sell him in the future. Let Carlo fix the middle and let Brands fill the rest with young calfs to fatten that'll allow us to profit on in 2yrs when we can again reinvest and rinse and repeat.

Good points mate, personally speaking I think there are positions where you don’t [Poor language removed] around, or hang your hat on potential, Keeper, centre half and central midfield, don’t get me wrong it’s fine to have young players in those position to come in develop and mature to senior, but you do need nous and expierence. Stating the obvious, we have lacked that and particularly, composure, leadership, nous, resilience and fight. I’m wholly on board with signing quality/experience, it will make such a difference. Im not sure it’s bad value either, Allan, James, Doucoure could all be here for the next 4-5 years for 75 mill, would you pay 5 mill a season for them, you prob would.

Id differ in I think we have gems that I think will match or eclipse Richarlison, Kean I think is more naturally talented, DCL could fetch a good fee if his star continues to rise, Gordon looks brilliant, Branthwaite looks an England captain in the making, Holgates fee would be 10s of millions. Thats just at the moment and we are building constantly. We have plenty of gems in my opinion that will bring good money in. I’m not worried on that score. What we lack is good expierenced players to lead them, teach them to win, impose themselves and win games.

I keep hearing about Allan and Doucoure and being 28/28. I think people forget that Gbamin is only 24, Davis will be 26 when Allan is 33/34. Both will benefit from the older pair. Then there is Onyango who many expect to be a top player.

Imagine being Anthony Gordon and learning from Jamo Rodriguiz.

I actually think buying expierence right now is crucial in our development and the development of our young players, it’s exactly what we need.

49DC45DF-7B82-4EC7-94BD-B09C35AE39E5.jpeg

This isn't correct in two important respects:

1. We can and have excluded stadium related expenses from STCC anyway unless/until it is rejected; approval will only to allow us to capitalise costs and take them out of the published P&L which would help ratios for lenders but will not affect how STCC is calculated
2. We cannot include naming rights attached to the planned new stadium as football activity revenue - stadium generated revenue is treated in the same bucket as stadium costs if both related to a new development

There is no magic £60m relief this year. Yes, I am an accountant (FCA). Sorry.

We have to shift wages and generate as much as we can this year from transfers. The key is not covering cash transfer outlays (Moshiri can likely keep dripping in cash, albeit at a reduced rate) but avoiding big losses on transfers and making as many small profits as possible including maybe selling Kenny and Davies as example who have zero book value as academy products.

We are likely to be short c.£30m fan revenue split between last season and this plus our share of the tv company rebates. That will force one or more major sales next year unless by some miracle we win stuff, get sponsorship bonanzas and reach the CL. I agree Richarlison is most likely. Digne next most likely. The good news is that if we cannot shift Sandro, Bolasie, Walcott, Pennington & Besic this year they'll finally be gone.

So if we made a P/L loss of 111 million are you saying our STCC losses are less at the moment because stadium costs are excluded, say less 30 mill + credited to stadium costs. So a S/C or rather Profit & Sustainability loss of 80 million?

Also nobody is talking about stadium naming rights, the USM deal bring discussed is the one agreed for the option of naming rights and 6 mill increase in the FF deal.

Last edited:
How does having a midfield stop pickford from making mistakes? Maybe he’ll have more cover but I don’t think a midfield will automatically make him stop dropping the ball and suddenly be able to save things.

He’s quite clearly a confidence player. Not like Cech who would lead a team’s performance, Pickford relies on things going well.

Good team = good Pickford. I hope anyway.

Good points mate, personally speaking I think there are positions where you don’t [Poor language removed] around, or hang your hat on potential, Keeper, centre half and central midfield, don’t get me wrong it’s fine to have young players in those position to come in develop and mature to senior, but you do need nous and expierence. Stating the obvious, we have lacked that and particularly, composure, leadership, nous, resilience and fight. I’m wholly on board with signing quality/experience, it will make such a difference. Im not sure it’s bad value either, Allan, James, Doucoure could all be here for the next 4-5 years for 75 mill, would you pay 5 mill a season for them, you prob would.

Id differ in I think we have gems that I think will match or eclipse Richarlison, Kean I think is more naturally talented, DCL could fetch a good fee if his star continues to rise, Gordon looks brilliant, Branthwaite looks an England captain in the making, Holgates fee would be 10s of millions. Thats just at the moment and we are building constantly. We have plenty of gems in my opinion that will bring good money in. I’m not worried on that score. What we lack is good expierenced players to lead them, teach them to win, impose themselves and win games.

I keep hearing about Allan and Doucoure and being 28/28. I think people forget that Gbamin is only 24, Davis will be 26 when Allan is 33/34. Both will benefit from the older pair. Then there is Onyango who many expect to be a top player.

Imagine being Anthony Gordon and learning from Jamo Rodriguiz.

I actually think buying expierence right now is crucial in our development and the development of our young players, it’s exactly what we need.
Yeah I've absolutely no problem with ages of Allan, Doucoure and Hamez or anyone in the middle Carlo likes. Agree midfield we don't gamble with we need leaders marauders and fighters there. Solid midfield makes last year's team infinitely better plus we have Gbamin if he's still alive. KEAN gonna be a cracker I just think rb and if we're going for another striker they don't need to be 28/29 like arias or king we can let Brands find us younger players with a higher ceiling.

Yeah I've absolutely no problem with ages of Allan, Doucoure and Hamez or anyone in the middle Carlo likes. Agree midfield we don't gamble with we need leaders marauders and fighters there. Solid midfield makes last year's team infinitely better plus we have Gbamin if he's still alive. KEAN gonna be a cracker I just think rb and if we're going for another striker they don't need to be 28/29 like arias or king we can let Brands find us younger players with a higher ceiling.

Its a good point on right full mate, no one seems to think Jon jo will step up. I thought it was an interesting decision for Wolves to sell Doherty.

Its a good point on right full mate, no one seems to think Jon jo will step up. I thought it was an interesting decision for Wolves to sell Doherty.
Yeah they (him and Wolves) seemed to be a good fit for each other, maybe he wants to move closer to Dublin haha. I think the Bohs get 1.5m out of the deal don't they??

Yeah they (him and Wolves) seemed to be a good fit for each other, maybe he wants to move closer to Dublin haha. I think the Bohs get 1.5m out of the deal don't they??

Do they? I didn’t know that, wow brilliant for Bohs.

Ha I haven‘t called Dublin, Dublin all year, I’m going with the home of the 5 in a row at the moment! ;)

I think it’s a bad move for Doc, Wolves played him as a wing back in front of a 3 at the back, no way Jose is doing that, his wings will be well and truly clipped.

Status
Not open for further replies.