Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean I am not turning my nose up at James but can we actually afford James, Allan and Doucoure? I am skeptical. And I am still worried about central midfield still nobody to put a tackle in as things stand.

Arias 20m
Donkeree 24m
Allan 30m
Hamez 25m

Not to go all Esk, but I dont see how we spend 100m without some sales and I dont mean selling Besic or Bolaise for 50p each.

Bernie and Tosun are the only 1s I can see moving on currently, COULD get 40m for the pair if we got lucky, still leaves us 60m to "find" tho.

Would imagine all 4 of those players would probably want mega dough as well, but with the savings we have made already and with hopefully at least getting a few more out the door on loan at least we might just be able to scrape by wages wise.

If we spend 100m and we dont recoup it with sales I can only assume we have a plan, cos if not we are gonna get our bottoms slapped by FFP.

Of course it could all be pie in the sky.
Digne?

If the Rodriquez links are true, surely you would think Carlo has seen enough from siggy?

Both similar ages, same position and High wages... Add the fact in that siggy is an absolute donkey. Siggy out for Rodriquez would be the best thing brands has ever done.

If the Rodriquez links are true, surely you would think Carlo has seen enough from siggy?

Both similar ages, same position and High wages... Add the fact in that siggy is an absolute donkey. Siggy out for Rodriquez would be the best thing brands has ever done.

Useful from the bench however not an impact player. Gone in Jan window maybe, not this one, if James has happens.

Christmas tree?

Pickford
Arias --- Mina ----- Keane ----- Digne
Donkeree - Gomes - Allan
Hamez - Richarlison
DCL
With no real links to a RW or even much talk of 1, it seems the most likely to me.
I think this is close but I have a sneaking suspicion that he may play Richy as the striker with DCL as competition. Bernard will surprise a few if he gets a midfield platform to play off.

Marcos Acuña is leaving Sporting Lisboa for 15 million... Sevilla, Roma, Lazio are interested

Acuña is PERFECT to play on the left wing in a 442, for only 15M Everton should bid for him
This is the sort of transfer a club like Everton should be looking at. He's a regular player for Argentina, 15 million 'only' and had a few years in Europe already so is probably quite settled away from home now and there is a South American contingent (he's been in Portugal so no issues with talking to the Brazillian lads) and a coach who can speak Spanish also.

It's no wonder that the teams you mentioned are looking at him. They are challenging for Europe regularly on seemingly a fraction of what we are spending to achieve not very much. There's a good 3 or 4 years in him left so a player that could be very useful in any transition to top 6 or even 4. If only this club wasn't such a basket case when it came to transfers - this would have been a very good opportunity to pursue.

Status
Not open for further replies.